AHAB'S Figures and Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahoy and thanks for the kind words!

After receiving the R5, I was itching to make a diorama for him. Just started this one today so a many layers of texture, paint and props to go. Wood, foam, resin and sand so far... Once this dries, I'll start with extra layers of sand and plaster.

Cheers,
-Ahab

Dirt town 1 wip.jpg

MAN these are Legit! I might have to PM you for a commission question too! Most impressive indeed, that Dagobah is off the chain, and the Hoth dio looks pretty simple until you turned the lights off and just had your purple lights on, that looks sick!

Ahoy!
So I've decided to convert one of my bookshelves into a display cabinet. As it stands now, I have one Detolf that I rotate my figures through. The rest are waiting in the wings...

The build is pretty straight forward (based of the full scale Sandcrawler plans). I'll be turning the wheels and making masters of the large gear and one tread. I'll then make molds and cast enough to complete the display.

Sandcrawler display 1.jpg

Cheers

Greetings, I did not even know your work. Everything absolutely top and very realistic. I look more often. All very impressive.

Best regards
Markus

Ahoy!

Some time back, I was subcontracted to do some work for a ad campaign for STANCE/STAR WARS. These guys make socks....yep, socks!
Several scenes were created by the studio, but the attached vignettes are the scenes I made, with the exception of the speeder (which I painted only) and the Bespin backdrop. It was a pretty fun project, but crazy fast! A lot of liberties had to be taken in the interest of time, but the impression comes across.

In the end, it was pretty cool just to work on Star Wars stuff!

I realized I hadn't posted the link yet, so here are some of the elements of the ad campaign.
https://zambezi-la.com/work/stance-star-wars

Star wars socks jpeg.jpgSPEEDER PAINT.jpg

Cheers,
Ahab

Ahoy!

Here's a quick modification to Solo's gauntlets that I think is a subtle, but nice improvement to the figure. I wanted to make the gauntlet transition a little nicer where it meets the wrist. It always looked a little strange to me, almost like it was a gator for a boot versus a continuation of a glove.

The Polyzap works well since it allows for flexibility and has a strong bind.

Cheers

Hoth Solo mod.jpg

Ahoy!

Back on this one again after a long break. It's coming along nicely. The lower jaw is articulated via double ball joint. Next up is the articulated upper lip area (for snarl action!). Getting there...

Chew chewbacca.jpg

Cheers

Back