AHAB'S Figures and Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Rebel Corridor(HOTH) Custom figures and Environment

Thanks!

Here's a small update on the Corridor....

Foam sculpting is completed. Next up: plaster, paint and props. For lighting, I'm using the Ikea RGB '"pucks" to simulate the canned lighting. I thought it might be cool to change the color to fit the figures or action being displayed.

Also, the display is designed to fit a Detolf shelf.

Attachments

• rebel base corridor 3.jpg
    rebel base corridor 3.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 711
  • rebel base corridor 4.jpg
    rebel base corridor 4.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 715
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Rebel Corridor(HOTH) Custom figures and Environment

Looking really good Ahab. Are you just plastering the floor or everything? For a nice snow effect I use baking powder mixed with white glue. Great texture and the glue makes it hard. For a little sparkle add some salt to the mix.

Thanks, Natedog.
The plaster will be used conservatively, leaving most of the 'carved' ice/snow as is. Thanks for the snow tips...indeed, I'll be using similar techniques for the icy effects.

More to come...
-Ahab-

Small update.
Plaster bandages applied to floor and ceiling...

Next up: continue plaster, resin and finishing effects.

More to come!
-Ahab-

Attachments

• rebel base corridor 6.jpg
    rebel base corridor 6.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 667
  • rebel base corridor 5.jpg
    rebel base corridor 5.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 672

Only one word! Artwork! :clap

I love how you're putting the droid to work.

Fantastic work!!! MORE!!!

Ahoy!

Not an update, really... Just something fun while I work on the props. With these adjustable RGB LED's, you can create some nice atmosphere.

Til next time..

-Ahab-

Attachments

• rebel base corridor with boba.jpg
    rebel base corridor with boba.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 609

Very nice work mate, Love it all.

Great stuff happening in this thread. :clap The blue light on k-3po does look better in a cold environment like Hoth, IMHO. Looking forward to updates. :)

Excellent work ahab - loving your thread so far!! :clap :rock

The homestead looks awesome. Would love to see more of that.

Hello Everyone!

It's been quite some time since I've been on the forums, but I've just finished up a new display and wanted to share a couple quick shots! I'll post more after the photo shoot

p.s. This piece is a table top display: 10" x 17" x 10"

Back to my roots1jpeg.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!
-Ahab

Very realistic! I like it!

That looks really,really good. Great job Ahad! Keep those awesome dios coming!

Loving the Dagobah scene! Did you ever do a finished photo shoot of the Hoth corridor?

Back