AHAB'S Figures and Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Many thanks!

Ahoy shipmates!
Here's a small modification to the K2So.
I wanted to see what I could do about getting the eyes to appear not so dark and lifeless when turned off, and also diffuse the brightness of the light a bit in the process.
I ended up the painting the eyes with a thin layer of white and adding painted photo etched rings to simulate the irises. I think it turned out pretty well. To be honest, in the movie, I didn't realize K2's eyes actually glowed until he met his end. I mean, they seemed to have some kind of illumination, but not overly so.

Thanks for lookin!
Ahab

K eye mod2.jpgK eye mod1.jpg

Very nice! I’ve been meaning to do something along these lines to brighten up his powered-down look, but just one of those things that I’ve just put to the side. The “ lights-on” stock is way too bright. Great job!

Cool Idea!

Thanks! It's hard not to tinker on the guy. Last thing I'd like to address is the data arm in his left forearm. HT didn't indicate the break lines for the access panel in the sculpt, so I think I'll just sculpt a new forearm/data arm and swap it out.

Cheers,
Ahab

Ahoy!
It's been a while, shipmates...
Repainting my old Jabba has inspired me to finish this girl up. This was quite a chore freeing the figure from the polystone base. I only broke one figure... moving it around after the fact! I don't have access to the before pictures, but essentially there a large square registration recesses that the top and skirt pieces mate to. Those areas were all filled and sanded. I still need to add the last layer of primer to check for blemishes and then paint! The bikini will be hogged out a little to make it more scale and a fabric skirt added to the bottoms.

Disclaimer: I hope the images don't breach any protocols or forum rules, but I figure its just a sculpture....
GG Leia Modification.jpg

Looking forward to this. I used a bandsaw to get mine off the base, but I wasn't game enough to tackle the clothing.

BTW - did Gentle Giant actually give her nipples, or is that where the glue was?

Thanks Guys!
Mandilble- There were two 1/4" square cavities in the chest that the top plugged in to. I'll take a picture of the top and share that detail next time.

Back