AHAB'S Figures and Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Rebel Corridor(HOTH) Custom figures and Environment

Excellent job... very professional display. Judging by your work station you've been doing this for awhile. :)

Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Rebel Corridor(HOTH) Custom figures and Environment

Hi Ahab.. Been looking thru your work here, and I'm amazed! Any progress on the Hoth scene and Lars homestead? :D :clap

Ahoy, and much thanks to everyone for the kind words!

A mountain of work lately, so apologies for the lack of updates. I'll upload the images from the various builds in a couple weeks...lots to share!
In the meantime, here's a WIP of a current display I'm creating for a client to join other SW themed environments for his Detolf tower.

Thanks for checkin in!
-Ahab

I see your roots ! wip copy.jpg

[Ahoy!

I love this figure. Stock or modded, it's just a great figure...

Here's a small mod I did months ago, but am just now getting back to... In addition to the eyes I wanted to take a crack at the pistons. Like most of you, I feel they are too large. You'll notice the header over the images says V.1. The learning curve was quick on this one, and by the time I got to the tricep piston, I felt confident a V.2 was already in order. Though still a bit oversized, I think its a step in the right direction.
V.2 is currently in the works.

Thanks for looking!
-Ahab

[

Attachments

• piston mod3.jpg
    piston mod3.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 421
  • Piston mod1.jpg
    Piston mod1.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 424
  • piston mod2.jpg
    piston mod2.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 427

Definitely a big improvement. Any more info on the pistons you'd care to share? Materials/supplies for instance.

Will do. I'm digging through some of the progress work and will post more soon.

Cheers,
Ahab

Hi Chace,
Hoth is pretty much completed... I'll get those images uploaded soon. The Homestead hasn't seen a lot of love lately, but I'm looking forward to making some progress on that in the coming weeks. Work really picked up recently and haven't had much time for it... I suppose that's a good thing though:) I'll be sure to post updates!
Thanks!
Ahab

Hi Chace,
Hoth is pretty much completed... I'll get those images uploaded soon. The Homestead hasn't seen a lot of love lately, but I'm looking forward to making some progress on that in the coming weeks. Work really picked up recently and haven't had much time for it... I suppose that's a good thing though:) I'll be sure to post updates!
Thanks!
Ahab

Excellent.. I will look forward to see more updates in the future! :D

Ahoy!

Here is a small project I'm workin on. Uber talented Kaiburr (as he's known here on the forum), crafted this Cantina creature classic. A great head sculpt and fun to paint!

Cheers,
Ahab

Hem Nadon.jpg

Ahoy!

Works been busy, so I haven't had a chance to dive into these projects lately, but I'm still nibbling away at it..!

Speaking of work though, I've had the good fortune to have some Star Wars themed work these days and thought I'd share (what I can).. These two vignettes were created for an ad campaign to promote a specific product (not pictured), but I couldn't resist the urge to play a little before they were sent off!

The dual scene isn't quite 1/6 scale, but close enough to get my figures out to recreate the scene.
For the Pit, the client wanted the Little Shop of Horrors version from the SE...but what can you do! Still, it was fun to sculpt!

When I get word on where the ads will ultimately appear, I'll be sure to drop a link.

Cheers,
-Ahab

SWdua.jpgDesert Pit 2.jpgDesert Pit.jpg

Outstanding!

Thanks Man!

That Saarlac is awesome!!! 1/18 scale?

Thanks Guys!
Natedog, its pretty close... probably closer to 1/20 scale. Yeah, I was hoping to set up some of my old Kenner figures for a photo shoot, but the time got away from me..

Wow do you have a website? How much does that vader vs luke dio cost?

Will you do a run for the 1/4 rotj boba fett sculpts?

Best,

Robert

Back