AH Comiquette-Black Queen-Sold out, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The next AH Comiquette-Black Queen up NOW.

It will say new for about a day, and then switch to processing.

Ordered the ex. it will go well with all the rest, but I still need Emma. Oh well maybe one day.

Ordered. Thank you Adam, this is a fabulous sculpt.

Given the lukewarm reception given to the original announcement this is going to make a lot of people eat humble pie.

Very hott...Ordered. This will look good next to Emma...

Looks great! A great compliment with the White Queen as well.I'd love it if Sideshow would've posed the two together and taken a photo of them!

Great work Adam & Sideshow!!!!!!

why is she leaning forward like that? :confused:

I think I'll just put her on the shelf like this. :D
6827press12001vu2.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe someone with image editing software could darken the areas around her eyes in this image, maybe it'll help it look more like Adam's artwork?
6827press03001hm4.jpg

Last edited:

I love Jean, but something about the face is off. I can't tell if it's the nose or even just the paint job. Maybe her eyes need to be bigger more defined or her eyebrows need more definition.
She looks pale. Her eyes should be more of a emerald green, her eyebrows darker like Adam's pic, and shouldn't her costume be shiny/glossy?

I figured out what I don't like about the face....its the nose. Its too bulbous.

6827press09001he6.jpg

Jean has always been shown with more of a thin and slightly upturned nose.

Hughes-slideshow1.jpg

The sculptor made a similar nose to Rogue's but the upturned face makes it look off...she needs a nose similar to MJ:

6818press08001ky6.jpg

Its a small nitpicky thing but Adam's Jean doesn't have such a pronounced nose in the control art. I'll be the first to admit that the design and control looks awesome but the final presentation didn't knock my socks off.

I figured out what I don't like about the face....its the nose. Its too bulbous.

6827press09001he6.jpg

Jean has always been shown with more of a thin and slightly upturned nose.

Hughes-slideshow1.jpg

The sculptor made a similar nose to Rogue's but the upturned face makes it look off...she needs a nose similar to MJ:

6818press08001ky6.jpg

Its a small nitpicky thing but Adam's Jean doesn't have such a pronounced nose in the control art. I'll be the first to admit that the design and control looks awesome but the final presentation didn't knock my socks off.

Agreed. I wrote almost the exact same thing in my previous post. The nose and pale paint job throws it off.

Is it possible to fix it?

Please Sideshow?

Wow! I couldn't order this one fast enough. Me likey!

I'm not a big fan of SSC's new pricing strategy of charging more for the EX though. Seems to be common place with all exclusives over the past few months. Anyone else wrangle with the idea of going through a reseller?

It's $165 for EX or $150 for regular. Resellers offer 10% off, and places like Dark Shadow offer uber-cheap shipping. When all is said and done, that print can end up costing you like $40 if you want the EX. Don't get me wrong, the print is beautiful, but that's a good chunk of change IMO.

I'm definitely not complaining, since it's great to have the option, but I'm just curious what other people are thinking.

Agreed. I wrote almost the exact same thing in my previous post. The nose and pale paint job throws it off.

Is it possible to fix it?

Please Sideshow?

Call me crazy, but I like the look of the button nose over the thin, "too much plastic surgery" nose. Adds an element of cuteness to a sexy sculpt.

And I think that area (indentation) right above her lips looks too wide and together with the nose gives her an slight simian/monkey appearance.

Please modify it SS!

Look at Adam's art and that's what's throwing it.

We want this to look the most like Adam's art since it is an AH comiquette right?

I have the Black Cat and White Queen.
I never got my hands on MJ:(
Now I see my brother got me The Black Queen...sweeeeet:joy:banana

Call me crazy, but I like the look of the button nose over the thin, "too much plastic surgery" nose. Adds an element of cuteness to a sexy sculpt.

Agreed. This is a wonderful statue I think.

A great statue indeed and I can't wait to get her. I would like for her eyebrows to be a bit darker but I could live without them being redone as well

Back