AH Comiquette-Black Queen-Sold out, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The next AH Comiquette-Black Queen up NOW.

Wow wow wow!, amazing amazing amazing! I do not own any Marvel comiquettes, should I still get this one?

I made some changes with photoshop...changed the shape of her nose, shape and colour of her eyebrows and a bit touch on her lips...tell me which version you like the most...;)

6827_press09-001.jpg
6827_press09-001repaint.jpg

PLEASE SIDESHOW....READ MY POST AND DO SOMETHING!

I made some changes with photoshop...changed the shape of her nose, shape and colour of her eyebrows and a bit touch on her lips...tell me which version you like the most...;)

6827_press09-001.jpg

The right one looks better. Her face looks more gentle. If it looks like the right one, I would order one.

You're making such a huge deal out of such small meaningless detail:confused:

I agree the eyes could use a little more mascara and the eyebrows could be touched up. I just don't get the big deal with the nose. It's a little different and adds character. Makes her stand apart. Besides, I'm surprised so many of you are focused on the face. :lol

I like the PS redo but that is still not what Adam provided.

68271press01001qt4.jpg

It may be a little detail to some but the shape and look of a nose completely changes the feel and look to a face. Why is it a big deal? Easy....I love Jean Grey and have been waiting for her entry for a while in this line. its Black Queen we discuss it and I get pretty hyped for it even though if you read those threads I was ^^^^^ing about the selection amongst many.....her comments and many others got me to see the potential and have an open mind to it. Then I see it....utter disappointment. What is sad is that Adam's control art is fantastic but like almost every single piece in this line save Emma, it moves dramatically away from that, a serious artist interpretation of that art instead of a 3-D real life example of AH!'s work like Andy did.

Mary Jane wasn't too bad but definitely wasn't AH!'s design in the face, Black Cat despite her fans looks nothing like the control art and Rogue is closer than BC still has its differences. For me this is on par with the Black Cat and that is heartbreaking for me, especially when Adam provided a great piece that would have been amazingly unique as DarthSaffron promised. I just don't see a close enough representation and many do not as well.

Take a look at the control art, Adam has her head tilted upwards in a come hither stare, the nose gives the illusion of being pug like because of the angle of the face...if you follow the lines it'd naturally slope upwards into a point at the frontal view....the artist went rounded which throws off the feel completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice job Josephcpr, I agree darkening the eye brows and taking a touch off the nose works but for me it's still all about the eyes, try doing the same thing to the pic that has her looking straight into the camera.

See what you can do about the eyes, IDK maybe it's just me!!

I wouldn't say blackcat is that "off" I think it's really close, it's rogue's face that looks off from Adams art just like this one (BQ). I have 0 issues with WQ and BC.

Count me in as someone who likes the "pug" nose...I think it gives the piece character. One of the things I've liked about this line is that these characters haven't looked like pallet swaps...i.e. This is not slapping different hair on the same face. IMO all of the pieces have looked unique to one another and it makes it easier dishing out 125-165 dollars on them knowing I'm getting some variety.

To me, Jean has always been the girl next door type and this nicely contrasts Emma. In the case of this statue, Jean has softer and rounder features (fuller lips, fuller nose) and Emma has the "plastic" chiseled features of a model type whose spent thousands on surgery (But is still smokin' hot). While the photoshop is actually really nice and I wouldn't mind if it was the real statue, I'm more than content with how things stand now.

The paleness also doesn't bother me because natural redheads usually are pale.

6827_press09-001.jpg

OMG...much much better. It was the nose and the lips screwing with it. Please Sideshow, Adam, anyone do something! The subtle tweaks take this piece over the top!
I love everything else about this piece, but the face is the most important part.

Count me in as someone who likes the "pug" nose...I think it gives the piece character. One of the things I've liked about this line is that these characters haven't looked like pallet swaps...i.e. This is not slapping different hair on the same face. IMO all of the pieces have looked unique to one another and it makes it easier dishing out 125-165 dollars on them knowing I'm getting some variety.

To me, Jean has always been the girl next door type and this nicely contrasts Emma. In the case of this statue, Jean has softer and rounder features (fuller lips, fuller nose) and Emma has the "plastic" chiseled features of a model type whose spent thousands on surgery (But is still smokin' hot). While the photoshop is actually really nice and I wouldn't mind if it was the real statue, I'm more than content with how things stand now.

The paleness also doesn't bother me because natural redheads usually are pale.

Even with the change in the nose and lips, the sculpt doesn't look like any of the others. THey will hardly be cookie cutter faces. It will still be different, but better than it is right now.

Jean used to be a model. Her face should be nothing but perfection.

yeah I could care less if she's pale, thats not even a blip on the radar for me. I also agree totally thats it's awesome that all the statues are individualized but when something is off it's hard to ignore. This is the first one in all where I looked at it and said WOW!!! but....wait a second somethings not right.

OMG...much much better. It was the nose and the lips screwing with it. Please Sideshow, Adam, anyone do something! The subtle tweaks take this piece over the top!
I love everything else about this piece, but the face is the most important part.

Yes, that is a great improvement.

Nice job Josephcpr, I agree darkening the eye brows and taking a touch off the nose works but for me it's still all about the eyes, try doing the same thing to the pic that has her looking straight into the camera.

See what you can do about the eyes, IDK maybe it's just me!!

Something like this?

6827_press03-001.jpg
6827_press03-001repaint.jpg

That is dramatically better.

I like the PS redo but that is still not what Adam provided.

68271press01001qt4.jpg

It may be a little detail to some but the shape and look of a nose completely changes the feel and look to a face. Why is it a big deal? Easy....I love Jean Grey and have been waiting for her entry for a while in this line. Then DarthSaffron spills its Black Queen we discuss it and I get pretty hyped for it even though if you read those threads I was ^^^^^ing about the selection amongst many.....her comments and many others got me to see the potential and have an open mind to it. Then I see it....utter disappointment. What is sad is that Adam's control art is fantastic but like almost every single piece in this line save Emma, it moves dramatically away from that, a serious artist interpretation of that art instead of a 3-D real life example of AH!'s work like Andy did.

Mary Jane wasn't too bad but definitely wasn't AH!'s design in the face, Black Cat despite her fans looks nothing like the control art and Rogue is closer than BC still has its differences. For me this is on par with the Black Cat and that is heartbreaking for me, especially when Adam provided a great piece that would have been amazingly unique as DarthSaffron promised. I just don't see a close enough representation and many do not as well.

Take a look at the control art, Adam has her head tilted upwards in a come hither stare, the nose gives the illusion of being pug like because of the angle of the face...if you follow the lines it'd naturally slope upwards into a point at the frontal view....the artist went rounded which throws off the feel completely.

I couldn't have said it better Mike! Jean is my favorite character and I want this to be the best it could be. I don't want to regret spending 165 bucks on something, especially on something I know I would love otherwise.
I don't know about you guys, but a face is the most important thing for me on a statue or a real person. It's where the most emotion comes from. And noses change the entire face of a person. Ask Michael Jackson or that actress who changed her nose and no one recognized her anymore. lol

Last edited:

You guys are gay..I like the more realistic nose of the prototype..keep it that way Sideshow.

I like the haughty expression on her face, I think the pug nose adds to that a bit.

Indeed ..pug nose is the way to go...Dark Daves knows his stuff...:rock

I thought you said you were bored with this line and only Emma was a homerun.....then you say Emma looks as if she had a Plastic face and order BlackQueen?

Back