AH Comiquette-Black Queen-Sold out, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The next AH Comiquette-Black Queen up NOW.

Great looking piece, and I like the detail of her face. However, this is not Jean Grey nor Phoenix so easy pass.

I can easily say that I like this one better than the Rogue comiquette thats about to come out. This one is way sexier, darker, and bustier :naughty. I agree on the nose issue, I hope it can be fixed. Besides, I didn't like the face on rogue but I still ordered her. Either way Im happier with this purchase :joy

I don't know if it's the nose so much as the eyes, I think they went with a sexy, sultry type of stare but to me she just looks sleepy, I don't know I could be way off.

I also think the dimple above her upper lip is too big as well.

Don't get me wrong I ordered it, but I would llike to see some changes made on this. I doubt that will happen though.

I don't know if it's the nose so much as the eyes, I think they went with a sexy, sultry type of stare but to me she just looks sleepy, I don't know I could be way off.

I also think the dimple above her upper lip is too big as well.

Don't get me wrong I ordered it, but I would llike to see some changes made on this. I doubt that will happen though.

why shouldn't the tweaks happen? It's probably a year away. I hope they change it....:banghead:(
The Morrigan pf's face was tweaked after the initial shots right?

Love it as is. Ordered. I only hope that there is a STORM on the horizon when the next one is announced.

I don't know I can say I love it as is, everything about is awesome BUT, i'm telling ya it just doesn't have that same wow factor in the face that the previous statues had.

I keep looking at it and then going away for half an hour (ya know to actually do my jod lol.) I come back to my desk open the pic again and there it is, something is off!!

in no way does it look bad but something just doesn't mesh, for some it's the nose, for me personally it's the eyes, she looks drugged or high or something. God I hope they change it!!

Interesting price change. The previous comiquettes have been at the $125 price range. Thye bumped this one up by $40.

I wonder if we'll here from DarthSaffron, I'm sure she's seen this in person (maybe) I'd love to know if the pics do this piece any justice or what she thinks of the face sculpt ?

I have Black cat and White Queen, and Rogue on the waitlist ( Convert damn you!!! ) and will be getting this as well.

why shouldn't the tweaks happen? It's probably a year away. I hope they change it....:banghead:(
The Morrigan pf's face was tweaked after the initial shots right?

it's actually the 2nd quarter of 2009

Interesting price change. The previous comiquettes have been at the $125 price range. Thye bumped this one up by $40.

The most recent comiquette before this was Rogue, at $149.99. The exclusive of this one is more than the regular, though, at $164.99.

Great looking piece, and I like the detail of her face. However, this is not Jean Grey nor Phoenix so easy pass.

I think that's the whole reason I like it. Preordered! Very nice, and not your average garden-variety "everybody has made statues of it" character.

I like the haughty expression on her face, I think the pug nose adds to that a bit.

Anyone find this piece quite fragile?
1) The hair
2) The hand holding the cape with the last finger sticking out
3) The cape

IMO it's a good overall statue but some things could be improved. I'd like a more sharpened nose and wider hips, they're too narrow and makes her look a bit skinny. And of course her eyebrows should be more red and not so brown. On the other hand her hair, breasts and the shape of her back are awesomely sculpted. Tim Miller is the man to sculpt these comiquettes as the level of detail of his sculpts is just superb

I like the haughty expression on her face, I think the pug nose adds to that a bit.

Problem for me is that Jean has never been drawn with a "pug nose" by most accounts and certainly not by Adam. She's supposed to have this gorgeous face...that's why all the guys Wolverine, Cyclops, heck even Xavier have fallen for her.
And I checked again, her eyes don't even look green like they're supposed to be. They're blue?
The eye color, and flatness of the leather are keeping it from being better, but the nose is the biggest concern.
It's off...here's hoping we hear from Adam or Allison to see if it can be tweaked.

Last edited:

btw I really do love her hair and the flow and twist of her cape. Very dynamic!

Back