AH Black Cat Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line is generating serious heat with the piece that has the smallest boobs.

Time to put my Exclusive Emma in a bank vault, I think.

Ok, who's keeping track? Can someone post all of the ES's of all the EX and Regular versions? I'd do it myself, but... I'm lazy. :monkey2

Hmm, interesting. I wonder why they did this? Maybe because this piece was shown at the Con, so they upped the ES size to give us all a shot at getting a piece? That could be the only reason I can think of (unless this isn't the first AH piece shown at a Con, not sure if Emma was last year).

I understand upping an ES, but what is with upping an Exclusive's ES? I say keep the EX ES the same and just up the regular ES.

well we only have 3 more left in this line. I really really hope AH will give Sue some recognition, but I have a bad feeling we wont :(

She has potential to be a very cool Maquette though, having parts of her clear resin to simulate her invisible-ness.

Hi! I thought now that San Diego is all over with, I could address your questions and concerns.

I WISH it was all about me and what I want to design, but MARVEL and Sideshow kinda have final say on who gets designed...

-AH!

Hope she is not as wobbly as Emma Frost (with the peghole being to large) as she just have one foot on the crate and have to support the frame as well.

I got to play with the protoype at San Diego, and she's VERY SOLIDLY pegged. No wibbley-wobbley business at all. AND, when not attached to the base and holding the duct, she makes a swell back-scratcher.

-AH!

Yeah, I for one wish they went with someone more interesting to my tastes. But since Im faithful to this line, I had to get her no matter what.

I know how you feel. It's shame; no matter who we do statues of, they'll always be someone's favorite, and someone's "Lame. PASS!!" I wish we could do them all, even though it'd take 26 years.

-AH!

It's ok.

My recommendations:

More defined waist.

Bigger hooters--they're big, but SS can do better:D I can't help thinking that this was toned down because of the public perception of MJ.

Actually, not really. Sideshow has been 100% supportive of me and my designs. No one has suggested changing anything at all.

Also, the Mary Jane Statue Fiasco took place in April of 2007, and I designed the Emma statue waaaayyyyyy back in January of 2006.

I woulda like a more defined waist myself, but this sculptor really likes his women zoftig and full-figured. One thing to keep in mind, these statues are the joint effort of several artists, myself, a sculptor, and a painter. Many times the individual tastes and flair of the sculptor take center stage!

As for bigger boobs.... with the arms over the head like that, the boobs would actually flatten even more than they are on the statue!

-AH!

Last edited:
The man, the legend, the artist guy is back!!

Great to see that you finally have a few minutes of rest Adam. Welcome Back!!

:fireworks:welcome:fireworks

I think for once the rl has bigger breasts than the adam hughes drawing....

Here's another pic

blackcat3b.jpg

blackcat3c.jpg

Ruby actually interveiwed me at San Diego, dressed as Phoenix (her, not me). Yes, yes, she has a large bosom... but what a face! It's that expressive thing with the eyes and mouth about a foot up from the cleavage. She gives great 'pinup face'!

-AH!

Is the Black Cat's base circular like MJ's and Emma's? It doesn't look like it from those pics, she looks to be on boxes obviously but I was wondering if they kept that continuity. :confused:

The base is a stack of crates! Cunning, no?

No? Oh, well. I thought it'd be different....

:)

-AH!

Nice find with the artwork. This seems to be Photoshopped, I'm sure the final version will be beautifully colored.

Aside from the pose, the sculpt really seems to have nailed the facial likeness this time. And Adam's women's faces have been surprisingly cute this time around (he's usually more into the Julie Strain type, heavy jawed and thinner lipped, from what I've seen).

Black Cat will probably be sold out by the time the newsletter comes out...

As for the art, yeah. I didn't have the final colors done by the time I left for San Diego. WHat you're seeing is the 'flats'. The flat colors that are the first stage of Photoshop coloring. I'm actually working on wrapping up the colors this week. Shoot me, I'm slow!

"Julie Strain type"? Interesting. I thought I drew slightly more demure types. :)

-AH!

Adam, who do I have to assassinate at Sideshow and Marvel for you to be able to do a Sue Storm? :monkey3

Back