Advice Required Re The Best 1/6 Darth Vader Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one single thing about the Sideshow is accurate in any way, shape or form.

If it wasn't for the small seventh scale of the Medicom, it is still way more accurate in proportions, armor and softparts than the Sideshow equivalent. It's just way too expensive for what it is.

Not one single thing about the Sideshow is accurate in any way, shape or form.

If it wasn't for the small seventh scale of the Medicom, it is still way more accurate in proportions, armor and softparts than the Sideshow equivalent. It's just way too expensive for what it is.

Even if it was true 1/6 no way is it more accurate, probably the same as as Sideshows with different issues.... the dome looks better but the mask looks worse :cuckoo:

Its parts from what I've seen are more accurately scaled, more accurately detailed and the overall look, when not getting too close to it is presentable as Vader. The Sideshow looks like a weirdly stretched, disproportionate mess and not one single hard part has the right shape, detail or accuracy.

Guess I just sorta prefer a better, more accurate likeness to the real character than settle for something I consider sub-par. It's cool that you guys are okay with shelling out for these figures and are happy with them, but the question was "best 1/6 Vader figure"... but I guess "accuracy" isn't equal to "best" in some people's eyes. I clearly do not have the disposable funds as some of you, so I tend to wait for the best - and if it doesn't come, money saved.

Last edited:
Nope. (And Sideshow's was only $125.)

I understand where you're coming from, though. I never settled for the sub-par Medicom either. Thankfully with minor modifications, the issues with Sideshow's can be rendered as close to perfect as anyone has come since the Marmit prototype.

Nope. (And Sideshow's was only $125.)

I understand where you're coming from, though. I never settled for the sub-par Medicom either. Thankfully with minor modifications, the issues with Sideshow's can be rendered as close to perfect as anyone has come since the Marmit prototype.
Having a set of early Marmit prototype parts, I can say that even the early stages of the Marmit development surpasses the SS in every way, shape and form.

I'd give the Medicom to a dog for a chew toy.
You must really hate that dog then.

Look, I'm a passionate Vader nut and sometimes gets carried away with what I'd like to see and forgetting that others may not share the same level of... I'm not gonna call it standards... more... I guess preferences in what they want to collect and I sometimes trample all over the stuff I don't find particular pleasing, ignoring and forgetting that others find great joy and satisfaction with the product.

We are all collectors right... so maybe I should try showing a little more respect towards those who have different preferences than I do and love the pieces they have, without me having to come in there pissing all over things with my "accuracy is the only best" mantra.

I saw an auction on eBay and decided to contact the seller. He still has the Marmit ANH TIE pilot prototype up for sale.

I'm eagerly anticipating the next SSC Vader reveal - I've been on the Vader sidelines since I got into 1/6 collecting about three or so years ago. A HT Vader would be my first wish though..

I understand TMG's point of view completely - I don't like anything that's on offer thus far.. :dunno

Look, I'm a passionate Vader nut and sometimes gets carried away with what I'd like to see and forgetting that others may not share the same level of... I'm not gonna call it standards... more... I guess preferences in what they want to collect and I sometimes trample all over the stuff I don't find particular pleasing, ignoring and forgetting that others find great joy and satisfaction with the product.

We are all collectors right... so maybe I should try showing a little more respect towards those who have different preferences than I do and love the pieces they have, without me having to come in there pissing all over things with my "accuracy is the only best" mantra.

:clap :goodpost: :mexwave:mexwave :bow :duff :peace

Outstanding way to see this collecting thing. Most refreshing.

Having a set of early Marmit prototype parts, I can say that even the early stages of the Marmit development surpasses the SS in every way, shape and form.

Wow. The Marmit Vader is such a mythic piece. I would call it the grail of Vader items. Would you mind taking a few pictures?

Back