Advice Required Re The Best 1/6 Darth Vader Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are willing to shell out $300 for the old SS Darth Vader rather than getting the new Medicom or waiting for the new SS, you might just be a bit of a spaz and not thinking things through. Many of you are obviously in your teens because your justifications for why SS is superior reek of fan boyism,...not legtimate points.
If a bit of scale is more important that character accuracy you are officially just a doll collector who suffers deep seeded OCD.t
Sideshow is 4th in overall sixth scale figure quality after Hot Toys, Enterbay and Medicom. If you think SS produces higher quality 1/6 scale than those companies,..you are probably a pre-pube.
Many people said the same thing when Medicoms ROTJ Boba VERSION 2 came out and it turns out it was superior to the SS release.

The only thing SS will have on the new medi is an orgy of accessories to accompany the figure. That being said, the medi accessories are focused and useful and there is no way SS will release a better Sebastian Bach head sculpt when theirs comes out.

I appreciate nice things. I only judge by overall product quality.
SS makes decent statues and busts and they did execute some of the star wars aliens ok.

So, to answer the question. If you REALLY want the "best" Vader figure you should roll with the just released Medi. The voice feature is executed very well as it is loud and crisp and authentic recordings of the actual voice. The outfit and sculpt are detailed with greater craftsmanship and care. The product is simply higher end than the SS will be in every way other than accessory totals....which many times turn out to be overkill and not needed.

And you got to keep in mind that SS will not be favorable in price anymore. I bet hes going to be AT LEAST 150$.

Not sure how much the Medi goes for tho, 200?

Cheaper than Boba Fett? Yeah right...
$200 minimum...

Medi goes for $300

Found him for 275 already, probably somewhere if you plow you can find him for 250. But yeah didn't need to glowing saber and voice box on this.. would easily drop him 75$.. << Lame. Not buying I guess.

Found him for 275 already, probably somewhere if you plow you can find him for 250. But yeah didn't need to glowing saber and voice box on this.. would easily drop him 75$.. << Lame. Not buying I guess.

I agree...the light up saber is not needed.
The chest lights would have been cooler perhaps.
The voice box is cool because it adds a bit of gravity even though its gimmicky.
It's also a missed opportunity because he repeats phrases rather than just saying them in succession.

Still,..the Bach sculpt and the overall look of the guy says he is the best looking Vader yet.

I had a $74 credit at SS I was considering dropping on this guy which would make him $225...

I agree...the light up saber is not needed.
The chest lights would have been cooler perhaps.
The voice box is cool because it adds a bit of gravity even though its gimmicky.
It's also a missed opportunity because he repeats phrases rather than just saying them in succession.

Still,..the Bach sculpt and the overall look of the guy says he is the best looking Vader yet.

I had a $74 credit at SS I was considering dropping on this guy which would make him $225...

Problem is the saber looks ugly imo. Doesnt fully light up does it? The chest pièces are something i would much rather have.

Problem is the saber looks ugly imo. Doesnt fully light up does it? The chest pièces are something i would much rather have.

I was leary of that too. Looks like just the hilt trying to refelct it up from the inside but its not uniform at all as its all bright at the base.

I would do the cut off hand with this gut most likely...

Had some friends over for dinner the other night and one of them commented on how smart Vader looked. Funny way to describe him I think.

"Lookin' smart, Vader!"

I think that other than the scale issue, Medicom's attempts at Vader are still superior to the sideshow one in accuracy. However, the Sideshow version is a more impressive showpiece overall due to the quality of materials and paintwork, along with the increased mass.I hated how the Sideshow version looked unmodded but with a custom dome and cape, I think it looks nice. Here's my modded Sideshow version:

IMG_3735-Copy.jpg

I really hope that Sideshow finally gets the ROTJ version right as I am tired of waiting for the perfect Vader.

Hi, I need your help. I have an Darth Vader action figure the bottom of the foot says Kaiyodo and he's completely black, his helmet comes off and the year in the back says 1993. His cape is hard solid and goes to his feet. He has a light saver in his hand but it isn't opened. His hand is slightly out to the side. I've been trying to search the internet for pictures or model or if it's worth anything or if it's a collectable. Please help.

Back