Advice Required Re The Best 1/6 Darth Vader Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are but he's like twice the size of Malgus.

Way to ruin it for me :monkey2

But seriously thats why I don't buy more statues, I hate the millions of scales and trying to get things to look good together, OTOH though, I know the diversity is what attracts some people to that market, but its not my bag.

Way to ruin it for me :monkey2

But seriously thats why I don't buy more statues, I hate the millions of scales and trying to get things to look good together, OTOH though, I know the diversity is what attracts some people to that market, but its not my bag.

That is why I only collect 1/6 SSC and life size busts there all the same sizes and you don't have to worry about to many differences.

Just wanna ask, does anyone know when ss will revealed the new darth vader figure?

Just wanna ask, does anyone know when ss will revealed the new darth vader figure?

I would like to see SS reveal Vader and the droids at SDCC just to see half the fanbase have heart attacks, lol. :rotfl

I actually really like look of Medi's Vader 2.0, but can't get over my fear of their models, can't wait to see what they look like once people start reviewing them.

was hoping hot toys would make vader, but that wasn't going to happend since they would make han solo and anakin for their next star wars fig

I really can't see HTs making a Vader this soon...particularly since SSCs has announced they have another one coming soon. I would have expected to see someone like Darth Maul. Not a string of good guys. Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure these will be awesome.

I thought Sideshow has the 1/6 Star Wars license. Isn't that why Hot Toys can't churn out a whole ton? How can Medicom keep releasing a bunch of Star Wars 1/6?

My understanding is Medi has the Asian market and can release what they like. I don't get the impression that they coordinate that much with whatever SSC's doing.

Hot Toys, on the other hand, is kind of leasing the Star Wars license from SSC and only wants to produce one or two SW figures a year, anyway, so they work very closely together. They sort of confirmed in an interview, as well, that they'll only be making figures that Sideshow has already released and that are in need of an update. Assuming that's true, that means no Chewie from Hot Toys, but who knows what the deal between them really is.

Someone feel free to correct me, but that's my understanding.

A photo released dungeons forum sideshowfreaks! Make your choice!
The Medicom is the second and the third is the Side.:wink1:

A photo released dungeons forum sideshowfreaks! Make your choice!
The Medicom is the second and the third is the Side.:wink1:

Though I can see that the helmet 'flair' is not right on the SSC DV, I must admit, I do like the extra extra height. It would make DV just more imposing I think. Hence, I am still leaning towards the new SSC version when it arrives. If it is still a while off, it does me no harm whatsoever as it will give my wallet the chance to recover from The Avengers range, Batman 89 range, Batman Returns range, the Dark Knight Rises range, the Raimi Spider-man range, the Amazing Spider-man range...

I feel faint again!

yup i don't mind the height, but hey, if they're releasing the second (and third) version, might as well make it a bit more in scale (and fix that helmet please) so we don't make extra mods.

hyok hyok, even with those rotating display stands on the stormies, DV still towers over them

IMG_7051.jpg

The only thing I can see wrong with Sideshow's is the flare of the helmet. The Medi looks ridiculous. I've never noticed how much of a mess it is until looking at that shot.

The only thing I can see wrong with Sideshow's is the flare of the helmet. The Medi looks ridiculous. I've never noticed how much of a mess it is until looking at that shot.

Ya looking at the medi and SS in person I didn't really notice the differences as much but when you put the two next to each other Its a real eye opener.

Back