adverse reaction to water treatment...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PnyXprs79

Freakzoid
Reaction score
i was looking at my anakin figure tonight and noticed that the stitching on the bottom of the cloak was coming undone. i found loose threads and jagged edges. i suspect it's the water treatment, more specifically it could be from using tap water. not sure as i haven't seen anybody else report anything like this before but it might be a good thing to keep an eye on.

The bottom of the cloak? The very bottom not the seams running down the sides to the bottom? Cause on mine and i believe all the others theres no stitching or seam on the bottom so its open and frays, one of the minor flaws in sideshows work on it.

Unless im mistaken about what your speaking of.

ahh, i see what your talking about, i guess that's it. funny i don't seem to remember it being frayed.

rainman said:
What is this mythical/legendary water treatment I keep hearing about?

To get the garment's wrinkles out and have them hang more naturaly, people are either spraying them with or soaking them in water (while on the figure that is).

It worked great for my Sith Anakin.

I would like to know however how to do it with Obi Wan PF. Do I need to take any special precautions with the electronics?

Well CF, check the numerous threads here on this forum where several collectors have asked about the water treatment and how to achieve it. THAT should quiet any arrogant notion that this was a stupid thing to have a tutorial for.

Man, sometimes I wonder what happened to you as a child to make you so bitter and evil. You always have a negative response to anything you didn't start or were excited about. What the Hell is the deal with that? It's like you are permanently pissed off at the world.:monkey4

I for one am seriously tired of it, and I know I am not alone. :emperor

DarkArtist81 said:
Well CF, check the numerous threads here on this forum where several collectors have asked about the water treatment and how to achieve it. THAT should quiet any arrogant notion that this was a stupid thing to have a tutorial for.

Man, sometimes I wonder what happened to you as a child to make you so bitter and evil. You always have a negative response to anything you didn't start or were excited about. What the Hell is the deal with that? It's like you are permanently pissed off at the world.:monkey4

I for one am seriously tired of it, and I know I am not alone. :emperor

Gosh Josh! I have never seen you this pissed! :lol Well.....I couldn't agree more with you!:D

DarkArtist81 said:

I'm Batman.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Good one Batty!

And Kumar, yeah.... I've had it out with CF before and the last time things got really out of hand. Dave had to step in and stop me from going "feral". It was not pretty.

Either way..... I've kind of gotten used to him and his Against the grain approach to posting on this forum. He's our resident troll, angry and misguided. :lol

I don't think its wrong to state ones opinion. But to be make condescending statements towards others likes and dislikes I think shows a very closed intellect. Obviously you (CF) are inteligent but do you have to tear everyone else's opinions down to prove that?

To answers CF's question about why people just don't buy statues: Because you can choose what pose you want. You can choose which accesories to include. Overall, You have more power over the presentation of the 1/6 figure than you do with the statue and you get to participate in the process of creative expression instead of leaving it to the company artist who created the piece initially.

Back