1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20140509_140806.jpg

the worst part and why it took so long to finish him is i only had nail Polish and a tiny paint brush and i also lol had to make a home made black wash with nail Polish and a clear porch coat spray.

Acrylic paint is dirt cheap at Wal-Mart, man. :lol Same for brushes.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

thanks guys:) i would love to go by paint and brushes but being in the military and on ft Polk...there really are few and far away places to buy them and i had like no time to go there because of my schedule, but i did order a bunch online a couple days ago. this was really one of those " hey i want to this here and now instances" but I'm still glad i did.

Just got one of these today - it's awesome. Can't wait to start modding it. One question before I start - do you just pull the head and neck pieces away from the body but leave the rubbery stuff attached? Or does that come away really easily? I don't want to just plow straight in and wreck it....

Given several newer figures from sideshow are using this method with the eyes, has anyone given any thought to attempting the eye mod on any figures that are not general grevious?

Got my Grievous today. Very impressive out of the box. No Eyes or ears mod for me even though i'd love to give it a try. Just not skilled enough to try it on such an awesome figure.

finally got around to doing the eye mod and some work to the face. ITs hard to capture the true color of the eye with this light. ill take better pics tomorrow.

The last thing I need to do to this guy is the sculpting around the eyes. Did it 4 or 5 times, pulling it off and redo'ing it. Figured I'd give it a rest for awhile and try again later.

The last thing I need to do to this guy is the sculpting around the eyes. Did it 4 or 5 times, pulling it off and redo'ing it. Figured I'd give it a rest for awhile and try again later.
For those of you that are having trouble with this, just repainting the eye area improves this figure by quite a bit.

I saw this figure for the first time a few days ago at the Hot Toys shop in Hong Kong, it looks amazing in person. I cancelled originally but I need to get it now.

If anyone is thinking in buying this figure, it's on sale on Amiami. $200 usd aprox + shipping.

Have this guy on the way, waited it out for a good sale price locally, going to get stuck into these mods for sure, thanks for posting

I saw this figure for the first time a few days ago at the Hot Toys shop in Hong Kong, it looks amazing in person. I cancelled originally but I need to get it now.

Have this guy on the way, waited it out for a good sale price locally, going to get stuck into these mods for sure, thanks for posting

It's an amazing and unique figure that was nicely engineered by SS. It's the type of 1/6 figure I'd buy even if I weren't into Star Wars just because it's so cool looking. You'll enjoy all the posing possibilities and will be hard pressed to not be changing it around every week.

Back