1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an amazing and unique figure that was nicely engineered by SS. It's the type of 1/6 figure I'd buy even if I weren't into Star Wars just because it's so cool looking. You'll enjoy all the posing possibilities and will be hard pressed to not be changing it around every week.

Just beware that some have had trouble with the joints becoming loose, especially the pistons on the fused arms
I noticed this after posing him the very first time, so unfortunately i'd be wary of how often you choose to re-pose him. Looks really menacing on display though, definately one of my favourite figures.

Got him yesterday finished modding today :) the eye and neck mid worked great the ear mod I kind made a mess of, but nothing I can't fix. Cape is a lot better after the dark wash , great figure overall

Not my final pose, looking for a pose that will fit the detolf with arms split, though he almost fills the space now, hard to get a good clear shot of the eye mid as my wrinkles are quite fine, even so adds so much more to the overall figure just that small detail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
I changed GG's neck articulation again.
~Took out neck peg and previous custom neck spine.
~Replaced rubber spine with armature & heat shrink tubing. Now the neck/head is articulated from this point. Great for hunch poses, but until I find a way to telescope the spine he'll always be hunched...that's fine with me. He's got a great deal of hunch movement.
~Replaced the head to neck joint with a custom long ball peg. His head can easily move from straight up & down, looking forward to swiveling up for the hunch pose.
~Started to take out some of those rubber neck parts...they're just awful. Replaced his "Turkey Gizzard" with a tube spring and will eventually cover it with a thin, twisted reddish cloth.
~Did a wrist mod with ad extra pair of arms I had. Replaced the wrist joint with a smaller one. This was more of a curiosity and with the design of the figure is really unnecessary.
Will (eventually) do the Rory mod and add the pin for Ear Swivel.

w1.jpg

w3.jpg

w10.jpg

w14.jpg

w19.jpg

w23.jpg

w28.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have a method to tightening the joints on GG here? Thinking of starting my modding journey on him, but if he cant stand on his own I don't see the point.

I must be on Sideshow’s naughty list for all the replacement parts I got from them for Grievous.

Wouldn’t have done so if they would’ve re-tooled it as stated.
They released that trash so they can lie in the bed they made- especially after claiming the V2 was an improved. Absolute con artists.

Back