Admiral Piett 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

Hey Sean, can you PS some dark circles under the eyes?

Yup, I'll do that this afternoon. The portrait, not sure if it's paint or sculpt. does have a healthy look right now. One defining thing with Piett was his eyes, I don't know if LFL did makeup or that's just how he looked, but he always appeared like he'd been up for like 5 days straight.

Figure looks nice but I'll be passing. Not a character that fits into my new collecting system.

Yup, I'll do that this afternoon. The portrait, not sure if it's paint or sculpt. does have a healthy look right now. One defining thing with Piett was his eyes, I don't know if LFL did makeup or that's just how he looked, but he always appeared like he'd been up for like 5 days straight.

Worry about displeasing Vader is bound to keep you up at night.

LOL. I agree MOSTLY with Maulfan, though its arguable that Hot Toys did make oddballs in Sao Feng and Oriental cloths Elizabeth for the POTC line...and I think they both could probably be considered flops or relatively unwelcomed compared to Barbosa.

But in general, I agree, I don't think HT can handle any line with depth.

It all comes down to pricing. Especially these days with the global economy so uncertain. How awesome would it be if SSC offered RFT uniforms on some of their old bodies for $50?
Or even just the uniforms themselves. Endor, RFT, Imperial commander etc...

LOL. I agree MOSTLY with Maulfan, though its arguable that Hot Toys did make oddballs in Sao Feng and Oriental cloths Elizabeth for the POTC line...and I think they both could probably be considered flops or relatively unwelcomed compared to Barbosa.

But in general, I agree, I don't think HT can handle any line with depth.

Problem is, I think they're more than capable, they just choose not to. No Gordon in the TDK line is a bit perplexing, no Barbossa in POTC, yet Sideshow will release Commander Praji. As for Sao as an example of an obscure character, that's only to westerners, in HT's local market I'm sure figures based on Chow are quite popular.

Maybe it's SSC coming in 2/3 the price of HT that affords them the luxury, don't know, but I'm glad they do things the way they do. I like Luke and Han and all, but some variety is nice.

I agree 100%. Even though HT makes probably better individual toys, I'll take SSC for 90% of the SW line any day of the week. The one sad thing is that the 10% is Chewbacca, R2 and C3PO...

I also agree with Anzik that affordable troopers really would be a draw in this economy. It would encourage entry to the line and more affluent collectors army build.

Even when Hasbro had the license I argued that they should do generic SW troops and Imperials at $15 on blister cards, just like their affordable GIJOE line. Never happened.

Also, I think HT has a very diffent business strategy. Rather than take a lower profit margin on relatively popular characters (like Commissioner Gordon) they milk the cow and take huge profits on the Batman and Jokers that they can sell by the boat load.

I think of it like the music industry not caring about making decent profits on bands that can sell in the 100,000s because they are looking for the next Britney Spears.

Social commentary: I think that is the problem with all business in the world today. No one is happy with safe and consistant profit. Everyone, corporations, investors, want to strike it rich with one big move.

Look who his boss was @ the time. :lol

Great character,
very bad likeness IMO...
is it just me or isn't he dead-on T-bag from Prison Break?
I'll have to pass though...

piettbag.jpg

Now the people that have Michael and Linc can customize their own T-bag!!

Always liked Piett and Vader must have liked him cause he did'nt get choked at the end of Empire.

Reckon the scuplts there,just need some good paint and lighting.

Will get him but hope there are no other imp officers for some time, prefer to have some trooper instead.

I disagree. I actually think he looks a lot like him and in normal household lighting, the depressed eye sockets are gonna be recognizable.

I disagree. I actually think he looks a lot like him and in normal household lighting, the depressed eye sockets are gonna be recognizable.
I wish I had your power of imagination! I really do! :D I think I would enjoy my SSC 12" (SW) collection twice as much.

There's a lot of fluctuation in the quality of SSC's likenesses. Hard to understand that they can't get that under control.

I wish I had your power of imagination! I really do! :D I think I would enjoy my SSC 12" (SW) collection twice as much.

There's a lot of fluctuation in the quality of SSC's likenesses. Hard to understand that they can't get that under control.

Well, I will admit that accuracy of the sculpt falls well below accuracy of clothing as important for me. But even still, I think this is no worse than ANH Han or ANH Luke, which for me are just fine.

I think its roulette. Sometimes you hit the right color, sometimes the odd or even, sometimes you hit odd or even AND the color. Sometimes you hit a group of 8. Sometimes you hit a 4 spread. I think figures like ANH Obi-Wan is hitting the number exact. Obi-Wan is the anomally, that will pay 30-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back