Admiral Piett 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will admit that accuracy of the sculpt falls well below accuracy of clothing as important for me. But even still, I think this is no worse than ANH Han or ANH Luke, which for me are just fine.

I agree. The outfit and accessories are most important to me. The sculpt doesnt bother me that much of figures unless they look nothign like the character/actor. And if they are dead on, that makes the figure even better.

Great character,
very bad likeness IMO...
is it just me or isn't he dead-on T-bag from Prison Break?
I'll have to pass though...

piettbag.jpg

Now the people that have Michael and Linc can customize their own T-bag!!

You are correct sir! :lol

I think it's a "to each his own" kinda thing with these sculpts too. Even with MF's color touch ups it looks nothing like Piett to me because I see a sculpt problem but with a repaint ANH Han was a winner whereas for some he wasn't.

Yeah. And with some, a nonrepainted ANH Han looks just fine too.
Personally, I see more fault with the material type and color used for the outfit than the sculpt.

I'm actually leaning toward picking up the naked figure and just using my Hasbro outfit.

One thing about SS's proto clothes is they're prone to change though. Maybe these will change for the better...maybe.

I don't think they will. I think they're pretty set on just redoing the current officer uniform (with the same quality and type of material) just in different color. Thats fine, but considering I already have several Hasbro grey officer uniforms that were waiting for head swaps anyway...

I don't think they will. I think they're pretty set on just redoing the current officer uniform (with the same quality and type of material) just in different color. Thats fine, but considering I already have several Hasbro grey officer uniforms that were waiting for head swaps anyway...

This won't be the same as the Praji costume, it'll have to be patterned for the Prometheus which has different shoulders and overall body size.

This won't be the same as the Praji costume, it'll have to be patterned for the Prometheus which has different shoulders and overall body size.

ERRM maybe.... The pro is smaller which means it can fit inside something made for the buck, still that doesn't mean anything regarding material type and color. But you guys are making me be negative when my intention in this thread was to be positive about the choice and the sculpt...:banana

ERRM maybe.... The pro is smaller which means it can fit inside something made for the buck.

Ya, but if you look at the picture, that costume looks cut specifically for the body it's on, the Praji pattern would probably look looks, this looks like a tight fit.

Ya, but if you look at the picture, that costume looks cut specifically for the body it's on, the Praji pattern would probably look looks, this looks like a tight fit.

Yeah. You could be right. I mean, to some extent the babysitter outfits may have been "retaylored" even though they are essentially the same outfit.

I actually think they SHOULD HAVE just used the buck and the other outfit. Seems like this would have been one chance for SSC to have cut corners with minimal complaint.

One thing about the Pro for this is that the shoulders will lend themselves to a better, more natural look for Piett as long as the head isn't oversized.

Tight outfits do suck on the Buck, especially long arms. So that is one positive for the conversion.

One thing about the Pro for this is that the shoulders will lend themselves to a better, more natural look for Piett as long as the head isn't oversized.

Yea, that is my only nick with Indy, the head is large. They really need to drop the sculpting slightly larger for shrinkage thing. The heads need to be a bit smaller.

Yea, that is my only nick with Indy, the head is large. They really need to drop the sculpting slightly larger for shrinkage thing. The heads need to be a bit smaller.

Agreed. They've been using that shrinkage excuse for years, but the heads obviously aren't shrinking in prodcution unless the originals are being sculpted in 1/4.

Youd think theyd get the collar looking decent for the 'Preview' afterall its the first introduction to the figure !

What will be the price point on this ? any guesses ?

Youd think theyd get the collar looking decent for the 'Preview' afterall its the first introduction to the figure !

What will be the price point on this ? any guesses ?

$70 would be the lowest imo, but more likely $80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back