Admiral Piett 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Piett is a great choice, my fav of the uniformed guys after Veers. Hopefully the sculpt will come out a bit more with some fine tuning of the paint.

PS glad he has a moulded cap as I don't like the cloth one of Pradj

Yeah the pic of the figure kind of doesn't look to much like Piett. But that's just the prototype? But oh yeah I will pick this figure up! Time to save again. But I already said that w/the Vader thread :lol

Wondering if ESB Bounty Hunters are on the way. I think I'll wait to see before picking him up.

I really don't see the likeness in there. But even if I did I would have to pass anyways. I've got to cut back my collecting to a great degree, so I can really only jump on absolute must haves from this line right now.

I do agree with Darren, there are so many characters and choices in the Star Wars universe that deserve characters and there are so many collectors that are turned on by specific themes that I think pretty much EVERYTHING in SW can be done. I may not like one particular thing, but I understand why it was made.

SSC has my support in making odd ball characters as long as they don't stay on 1 specific theme too long (though I do like when they have a theme, Jabba's Palace, ANH, etc.)

I love seeing these types of characters get the 1:6 treatment. Almost anything OT I'm down for though since I'm thru collecting PT figs.

I think this guy is GREAT! I'll get him. Just an odd choice right now, since they could have waited to release Piett along side an ESB Vader. Unless the bounty hunters are next? BRING 'EM ON! :D

I STILL want SS/Hot Toys DROIDS though....:monkey3

Love Imperial Officers, they have that evil Nazi thing!
I'll be getting this one for sure. I really don't remember Piett that well though, so I can't comment on the likeness.

Agreed Piett is a great choice, my fav of the uniformed guys after Veers. Hopefully the sculpt will come out a bit more with some fine tuning of the paint.

PS glad he has a moulded cap as I don't like the cloth one of Pradj

I hope he comes with both like Praji, I actually like the cloth one better on him the shape isn't as good as the sculpted, but close enough, and be cloth it looks better than the sheen the plastic one has. Unless they find a way to mute the hat more so you can't tell it's not cloth, like Gandalf's.

I kinda hope Hasbro revisits Piett, I was excited when they made him years ago, but they were still doing weird figure desigsn then so he's in a battle pose and I'd like to see him more militant looking.

I just realized he's a Prometheus figure too. So much for all the folks who thought Star Wars would never be on the Pro.

Although odd that this is the first SW Pro when the Ep II Obi Wan would have been the better choice.

I'm mostly interested at this point to see what the base price of a SW figure will be on the Prometheus. If he's $90, which I'm guessing he might be; I think it will be a very tough sell.

Hopefully Sideshow finds a way to balance pricing so the 2nd and 3rd tier characters still get made and don't become poor sellers. If it comes down to just cores selling, might as well let Hot Toys have the license. The thing I love most about Sideshow having it is the diversity and expanse of the line where Hot Toys would just do the sure sellers. As much as Hot Toys is bold doing things like Power Loaders and tumblers, those things fall within sure fire sales, I've yet to see them really take a chance on a character in a film series that isn't necessarily the most popular. SSC has the balls and my SW 1/6 collection is all the better because of it.

Hopefully Sideshow finds a way to balance pricing so the 2nd and 3rd tier characters still get made and don't become poor sellers. If it comes down to just cores selling, might as well let Hot Toys have the license. The thing I love most about Sideshow having it is the diversity and expanse of the line where Hot Toys would just do the sure sellers. As much as Hot Toys is bold doing things like Power Loaders and tumblers, those things fall within sure fire sales, I've yet to see them really take a chance on a character in a film series that isn't necessarily the most popular. SSC has the balls and my SW 1/6 collection is all the better because of it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Hey Sean, can you PS some dark circles under the eyes?

Price is the main factor, regardless of being on the Pro (which has received a lot of negative reviews with the Indy figure...)

$59.99 should be the fair pricetag, considering he won't have much in the way of gear. I honestly don't see that happening, though.

I've looked over the pic some more and still can't see Piett.

A surprise choice and not a bad one at all. He does play an important role in TESB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back