Ada Chan Bishop group commission from ALIENS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking very good from the front so far! As you say, his hair and the side profile need work, but this is a very promising WIP. Hopefully someone can get some good screen grabs of Bishop from the side to help her nail Lance's face from the side. Really looking forward to the next update.

And, like the Winchester boys, Bishop is available on her site already.
It makes me wonder if you order one now, then changes are made by the commissionor, which head will show up on your doorstep?

Hi guys. I'm on Ada Chan's mailing list, and she sent me an e-mail this week for the Bishop head that "William Shatner's Toupee" showed the pictures of in this thread. I would prefer getting one from her with the adjustments you guys are talking about to the hair and the head. As you can see from my signature image on this board, I have the Frank Black head on my custom Bishop now. But I'm all for getting a better one!

Count me in the list for one! Thanks! :D

Hi guys, Count me in the list for one! Thanks! :D

Cool. Done! Welcome aboard!

Since I got the last pics from Ada of Bishop a few days ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see her second attempt with our changes come back pretty soon, maybe even this weekend. If the head meets approval then, Ada wants the number of heads she needs to make and the payment pretty fast, so for those that have been waiting to see the finished sculpt before paying, just warning you and giving you a heads up, be prepared! I bet it will happen now within a week. If anyone still needs the paypal address and paying info, just E-mail me!

Thanks to everybody for their support on this, and understanding even though Ada sells the heads on her website >;( , your fellow freaks and I are the ones actually shelling out the money to get the head made, so thank for supporting and joining our group commission to collaboratively hire Ada to get this head done by being a part of the commission and ordering the heads through us.
-Rick :)

Last edited:
The groups cost for a Bishop is $35 (the commission price divided up, plus the cast of the head). +$10 if you want it painted. I think Adas painting quality can really waver though to be honest based on the past few mass commissions I've done.

We have a lot of interested people on the list signed up for Bishop, but the reality is barely half have actually paid yet. I'm sure that will change once the actual head is revealed. :)

I have a few other ALIENS characters in mind I'd like to do after Bishop is finished. I'll talk more then. :)

I'm very interested, but would need to see the finished sculpt first. It's looking really good so far. Very talented.

she is a very talented Woman and works incredibly fast.
I can't even imagine how many people she is doing commissions for recently .
Believe me when I say " this will turn out excellent. " :rock

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Be sure to introduce yourself if you haven't already. :)

Thanks, USCMHICKS.
The front of the sculpt looks dead on, to me. Should be very good.
I collect the Aliens and Alien line from Hot Toys, I own the marines and powerloader and was fortunate to get Wave 1 (Hicks, Apone, Vasquez) when they first came out. On and off I've been customizing them, I bought a spikey haired Hicks HS from Figuremaster Les, unpainted, and painted it myself. I've repainted Apone, Hudson (EVA Models Headsculpt) and Vasquez. Just got the armor and accessories to do (looking at Stendec's work for reference, they are superb). I like painting headsculpts and look forward to how Bishop turns out. :chew

That Bishop with the "redone" hair on her website looks great to me. I'd love to get it for my custom Bishop. Is this the one we're going for guys? :confused:

Hmmmm...
Thats looking better already , I'm assuming she sent William Shatners Toupee these pics via email , wait to see what he says when hes online. :)

Hey amigos,
I had to work all this weekend so sorry I haven't had time to be on. That WAS Bishop V.2 on her site that she did indeed send me pictures of, but I didn't have time to post. I'm glad you think he's looking better. I didn't sign off on him yet though. I still asked for more work.

Specifically, I asked to make his middle spiked hair higher now that I've seen it, to bring his front hairline up a bit, then I sent her a good side view to fix his nose since I finally found some decent ref of that.

I'm sure she's got a doll named Rick she keeps shoving needles into every time I ask for changes, but she's been pretty good about them so far. (She should be, it only helps HER portifolio in the long run.)

I will let you know when I get V3 back, which I assume will be the first half of the week, because she has completed the other two heads I commissioned, and I know she wants to get everything off. :)

Bishop is looking better and better. She's done a great job of capturing his trademark synthe.... I mean "artificial person" expression. Looking forward to seeing the next wave of refinements. :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
great ! :rock
Figured I would post V2 anyway. :)
20086150356598669.jpg

20086150357148576.jpg

Back