Ada Chan Bishop group commission from ALIENS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really think that the two projects need to be in competition with one another. How many Christian Bale or Ledger Joker sculpts have we seen? Yes, those have a wider appeal than Newt, but still.

Sure, there might be a few people who want just the head and are willing to track down an appropriate body and outfit, but given the fact that she is a little girl and not a standard adult figure, that's quite a bit harder than it might be for most figures. For that reason, my guess is that most people who would be commissioning a Newt sculpt would not be doing it instead of getting the Sovereign kit, but rather as a supplement to it. Maybe they want a different expression or a different look. I'd be interested in both to see which I like best. (I'm still waiting to hear back from Shawn about the timeline for his figures, though, and I still haven't seen a single in-hand shot from anyone. Maybe interest and payments would pick up if he were a little more proactive about moving the project along. He appears to be 90% to the finish line, but I haven't heard much recently.)

Of course, Pjam did mention that the two kinds of heads might not be compatible, and that is something to keep in mind, particularly if you want to be able to switch back and forth.

WAITAMINUTE!!!!!
You made a Liberace sculpt???

Yeah, yeah, you joke now, but I know the fact is if I did all you Adam West Batman fans would have at least three of them sitting on your shelves right now next to your (laugh) "Batusi" Adam West and authentic nylon wearing Burt Ward customs. I'm just sayin'. :angelsmil (Say, who the heck was the baddie Liberace played?)

This is my first attempt at painting the Bishop head sculpt.

aliens_ada_bishop1.jpg

Last edited:
That is very nice i personally find, great work. Eyes could be better or maybe it could just be the pic.

It looks great to me icruise! I'll get my unpainted head from Rick someday when I can scrape together the money for it.

Here's my Bishop w/ the Ada paint job. These are no flash and unaltered, so they are slightly yellow at night in this light. Not bad, but too much airbrush to define the cheeks, jaw, and brow.
DSC06893.jpg

DSC06891.jpg

DSC06890.jpg

I used "enhance" to brighten this one up.

DSC06892.jpg

I think icruise nailed it--much more realistic.

Well, urs is very good as well you know. I like the 'texture' of the skin colour tat was achieved, nice!

Slade: Do these more accurately portray your figure?

dsc06891bd5.jpg

dsc06892br9.jpg

dsc06893rg7.jpg

Either way, I think this is the best representation of Bishop (and Lance for that matter) I've ever seen. Great sculpt.

Yeah, yeah, you joke now, but I know the fact is if I did all you Adam West Batman fans would have at least three of them sitting on your shelves right now next to your (laugh) "Batusi" Adam West and authentic nylon wearing Burt Ward customs. I'm just sayin'. :angelsmil (Say, who the heck was the baddie Liberace played?)

He played Chandell and I wasn't kidding, if you had him made I want him!!

Slade -- I think Ada's paint job looks fairly good, but it has problems with the eyes, lips, and eyebrows. Of course it can be hard to tell in pictures, but the hair and skin tone look pretty good. It might be possible to just touch it up instead of repainting it completely.

Here's another shot I took of my Bishop. I'll be putting my other head on my "battle damaged" half Bishop fairly soon, so stay tuned.

aliens_ada_bishop2.jpg

Back