ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're the robes on the wraiths from the movies even tattered?

It varies a lot from scene to scene, but overall, no. Nazgule.jpg
I like the armor on this one, but I'd still feel like remaking mostly everything on the clothing :) So the price range doesn't make sense to me.
The metal armor looks fantastic.

Interestingly, after trying to get an answer to my own question, I find that the inner "robe" on this figure is not correct. The wraiths actually have more like old style shirts with string ties.

You can see it here on this costume:

small tie near neck no robe lapels.jpg

I know this isn't a real wraith but I couldn't find a clear picture from the movie although I did find more source material for this tie shirt thing.

Was considering getting the limited edition Ringwraith but just checked the US/Canadian exchange rate... With shipping of $20.00, works out to $386.00 CAD. :monkey4

Still, would be pretty cool to own 1 of 100 and apparently there were only 700 of the regulars made. I'm not generally an ES collector, but it does sort of give more impetus to jump on the figure, given it will be gone most likely within a day or two.

PS - Thanks for the pics and information, superdoug! Repped!

ouch - yeah that price definitely pushes it over the edge. I don't blame you for passing man

superdoug - thanks for the review & pics! Overall looks great and I'm really looking forward to my two wraiths! I do think the robe is way over-tattered, but the figure does scream quality in your pics, and I know it'll do even more so in person.

Thanks for the pics Doug. It does look very good overall, but the overly frayed edges of the robes just kill it for me and for the price, I just don't think I'm going to get him.

Congrats to those who do though!

Thanks for the pics Doug. It does look very good overall, but the overly frayed edges of the robes just kill it for me and for the price, I just don't think I'm going to get him.

Congrats to those who do though!

I am happy I got it but I think when it is all said and done Asmus and ACI wraiths will look almost the same up on a shelf. I will probably have which ever one I like more in hand displayed on my desk and the other one on the horse.

I know I sound crazy but I canceled this again . I want this figure a lot but I can't understand the price . I know ACI must have hefty license fees but so does ASMUS and hot toys . I mean there is no likeness sculpt or head sculpt . I'm not interested in the columns that come with it either . There cool but I won't be able to use them because of space . I know I'm gonna be upset that I'm missing this though . Dam !

I'm actually going to pass on this now. Same as most, can't justify the price tag on this and think I prefer my Asmus. They both look like what they're supposed to and with the steed, Asmus is the better package. And this looks a little funny to me. A bit stumpy maybe?

you will understand when you holding it on hand with it's metal armour!
Just see the Hot Toys Diecast mark 42 and other version of plastic Iron man, you will see!

I know I sound crazy but I canceled this again . I want this figure a lot but I can't understand the price . I know ACI must have hefty license fees but so does ASMUS and hot toys . I mean there is no likeness sculpt or head sculpt . I'm not interested in the columns that come with it either . There cool but I won't be able to use them because of space . I know I'm gonna be upset that I'm missing this though . Dam !

you will understand when you holding it on hand with it's metal armour!
Just see the Hot Toys Diecast mark 42 and other version of plastic Iron man, you will see!

The metal armour you almost never see in the movie? :lol

My ACI RingWraith arrived today! I now have both the ASMUS version and this one to compare. I've got a hectic night of work ahead of me but I've had a quick look at it and my first impressions are why oh why did they have to lose the licence?!? From the box, to the figure, to the fabric, to the swords, the quality far out ways the asmus version. I still love the asmus version and if you want a RingWraith without spending a lot of money Asmus is definitely the way to go. Anyways hopefully I'll get some time to put them side by side and take photos in the next couple of days.

Why ACI did not get the same limited licence? It was still more expensive and did not take too many of Asmus' customers, but we had a choice. And ACI quality is superior both sculptwise and in outfits. :(

Got mine today. I'm at work so I could only take a quick glance at him, but I can tell just from that little look that I'm happy with my purchase and can't wait for the armor variant from bbts now!

Back