ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
negative! Their armour is different for 2 versions!:yess: It's a very good for ACI to make 2 versions of armour even for 1 style figure!! I am happy! And their products never dulplicated with parts as I could found!

I think the only difference is that you get the regular ringwraith sword.

Hmm - I've tried to find a different armour version and I hoesntly can't find anything. If you can post some pics, that would be great.

As far as I can tell:

Regular version =
figure
base
metal shoes, gloves, shin guards, knee guards, thigh guards (essentially total leg armour)
Witch King style sword
morgul blade

Exclusive version =
All of the above plus regular ringwraith sword
Stone effect column

View attachment 159547
View attachment 159548
View attachment 159569

ACI AM001 A 004.jpg
ACI-AM001B-2.jpg

I don't know if I am correct, but it seems to me that:
ver.A & ver. B have different forearm armour and feet armour,
also their sword are different.

Hmm - I've tried to find a different armour version and I hoesntly can't find anything. If you can post some pics, that would be great.

As far as I can tell:

Regular version =
figure
base
metal shoes, gloves, shin guards, knee guards, thigh guards (essentially total leg armour)
Witch King style sword
morgul blade

Exclusive version =
All of the above plus regular ringwraith sword
Stone effect column

View attachment 159547
View attachment 159548
View attachment 159569

yeah man - $289 is hard to justify for sure. But I figure with the low edition size I should be able to get my money back for it pretty easily if I need to sell it someday. Glommy is the sticky version of gloomy

Pricey but that's a nice edition size. Definitely I'd agree you'll be safe selling that on e.Bay down the road and at least get back what you paid, if not a bit better, Reefer.

If you got the money, definitely worth the purchase and certainly will feel more substantial in-hand. It is a superior figure to the Asmus right out of the box. I really like the two different armors too -- for those with lots of extra cash to spend.

View attachment 161160

I don't know if I am correct, but it seems to me that:
ver.A & ver. B have different forearm armour and feet armour,
also their sword are different.

Ok so that version is a regular ringwraith - The foot armour is ribbed and he has the regular sword (even though the whole set comes with the Witch King's sword and dagger as well)

The other version, or normal version, without the extra sword, is wearing the armour of the Witch King - smooth not ribbed feet armour with pointy toes.

I think??

Wow so now I have to decide whether or not to get another one. Lol.

I had to watch all the Ringwraith and Witch King scenes to figure out all the armour differences - a lot of pausing.

In Fellowship, when the Hobbits hide under the tree, the wraith has the regular sword and then spikey feet (exclusive ACI version)

The Witch King has his own unique sword and pointed shoes (you see pointed shoes at Weathertop and when he's on the fell best fighting Eowyn).

Thanks for the info. It makes sense to make his a little different and make it standout in a very subtle way. I can live with being non-screen accurate though. I wonder which way Asmus did theirs.

Pictures are loading onto photobucket so I can post them on here so they will be up shortly. Before you look please note I am a horrible photographer and the camera is over 5 years old and on its last legs so the focus is kind of crap but it is better than my phone.

My opinion overall is this:

Pros: Body is real sturdy (at least mine is) and there is a good amount of weight to it due to the materials used. The selection of hands are great and you can get some nice scary groping/reaching poses from them. The swords are top notch in my opinion. Weathering is nicely done at least for someone like me that is unskilled in doing it myself. To me it looks pretty screen accurate and if not it is close enough that the normal person isn't going to notice when they see it on the shelf. The wire/robe idea is nice but I haven't tried it out yet

Cons: The fraying on the outfit edges. Also you can tell it is machine done or that whoever was cutting it was following a pattern and not random tattering over time (totally makes sense in a produced figure so the pattern doesn't really bother me at all). If there is a concern about the figure over time it is that the clothing will slowly deteriorate. The column is not the same stone color as the base so they clash a little bit to me but again not a big deal since column and roads don't need to be made out of the same stone. Also while the column is nice it's not something I need so I would rather have had them knock a little off the price and not include it.

Price: This is the killer. I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan so I am willing to throw this kind of money out for the two ACI figures. For the casual fan it might make more sense to wait for Asmus or see some more reviews. I don't think the gap between ACI's Ringwraith and Asmus' is like the gap between Hot Toys Luke and SS Luke. There's a pretty good chance that they are very similar espcially once futzed around and placed on a shelf. If this figure was a Hot Toys release I would expect it to be under $200 (probably around Black Widow's price being another bare bone figure) but being a smaller company and a much much smaller run of figures the higher price point makes sense.

Overall a great figure for me and iconic for the Lord of the Rings especially from the Fellowship of the Ring. I think he displays great with the SS figures or with the Asmus figures. Hopefully he will blend in well enough with Asmus' ringwraith for me to have a more menacing display.

Okay here are the pictures.

For the record the Nazgul is pretty much unfutzed since I haven't had a chance. Pretty much still just right out of the box.

DSCN3748_zpsynee57zs.jpg

DSCN3747_zpsmab43imw.jpg

DSCN3750_zpskyfe5rfc.jpg

DSCN3749_zpsu5rempjc.jpg

DSCN3745_zpsydpi9jne.jpg

DSCN3746_zpskdgayjzr.jpg

Here are some more. I tried to get some with the flash and some without.

DSCN3744_zpsrf5vdy0m.jpg

DSCN3741_zps7te1z9pl.jpg

DSCN3740_zpsdiptreko.jpg

DSCN3739_zps39cnbwbr.jpg

DSCN3756_zpsz5xjqb9k.jpg

DSCN3757_zpsonpz6gua.jpg

DSCN3753_zpsx3jf4yky.jpg

Just a few to show you that with the right painter and sculptor like Darren even SS old ones can look good (pretty sure the one Legolas was paint by Elvis too).

DSCN3764_zpsztceeidl.jpg

DSCN3769_zpsezxj2e72.jpg

DSCN3771_zpspjcuyfbq.jpg

Very nice 1st in hand pictures, doug!!! :clap

Is there some sort of shirt at the neck? I see what looks like lapels of a robe and then a shirt. But where does the shirt collar go?

I've been trying to figure that out since seeing how tattered the robes are on both the asmsus and aci versions.

It's hard to tell from the movie itself because any detail kind of disappears into all that black fabric; i guess the surest way would be to obtain pictures of the actual set costumes.

For what it's worth, after still seeing inhand pics i still think this looks better than asmus's attempt. The robes look more accurate to the source material imo.

Looks pretty darn cool. Like how they did the hood with no placeholder headsculpt underneath. Kind of tempting if I wasn't already buried alive in pre-orders.

Last edited:
Back