ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he arrived! Mine had the bonus column and sword. They thing is amazing. Far better than I expected. Right now the body seems very sturdy. It is pretty heavy with the metal boots/armor. A neat thing they included is some thin wire type things that you can insert into very small loops to help pose the fabric. I haven't tried it yet but it's a neat idea.

I want to take some photos but one of my little ones just woke up throwing up so I am now out of commission for the evening. Hopefully I will get some up tomorrow.

Well he arrived! Mine had the bonus column and sword. They thing is amazing. Far better than I expected. Right now the body seems very sturdy. It is pretty heavy with the metal boots/armor. A neat thing they included is some thin wire type things that you can insert into very small loops to help pose the fabric. I haven't tried it yet but it's a neat idea.

I want to take some photos but one of my little ones just woke up throwing up so I am now out of commission for the evening. Hopefully I will get some up tomorrow.

Good news !! Thanks ! Looking forward to pics .

Yes will look forward to pics, would still like to pick one up to go with my Asmus set. One on horseback and the other stood beside.

Yes will look forward to pics, would still like to pick one up to go with my Asmus set. One on horseback and the other stood beside.

In a perfect world , I wold love to get 3 of these guys . But the $$$$$$ for this guy is very steep. He better be a solid figure for this price . I'm talking hot toys quality .

The figure is freaking awesome. If I had space and funds I would be very tempted to get at least five for a weathertop set up. I am hoping to take pictures tomorrow. I spent all day taking care of 3 sick kids and a sick wife so I have had zero time to really mess with the figure.

In all honesty, this figure looks pretty awesome minus the overly abused/frayed edges of the robes. Hopefully some water treatment and futzing can bring that more to scale.

I'm curious what you think about this; superdoug, since you have it in hand what do you think about the fraying? Is it well done and keeping to the scale?

image.jpg

.... That's rather disappointing.

With all the reports of QC issues in Asmus' stuff, I have to think Warner Bros bet on the wrong horse in this race.

Well I just preordered this guy again after canceling . If this is going to be a limited edition , I don't want to miss out . It's just a lot of $$$ for a hooded figure . Hope I'm making the right choice ? A lot of figures are coming my way at once . I also have KP gladiator school coming with a Conan xx2 body .

Yeah fraying might be an issue. Sorry for the lack of pics all 3 little ones and the wife have been pretty sick so I have been on nurse duty 24 hours a day for the past 2.5 days. Should get a chance tomorrow. He really seems to hold the poses well and I feel pretty confident that I don't have to use a stand.

It's a shame they aren't making more figures but at least we get a Nazgul and an Aragorn.

Yeah fraying might be an issue. Sorry for the lack of pics all 3 little ones and the wife have been pretty sick so I have been on nurse duty 24 hours a day for the past 2.5 days. Should get a chance tomorrow. He really seems to hold the poses well and I feel pretty confident that I don't have to use a stand.

It's a shame they aren't making more figures but at least we get a Nazgul and an Aragorn.

Sorry to hear about the wife & little ones, pics of figures are definitely not the priority right now & I hope they get better soon.

Glad to hear the positive comments on the figure, mine should show up sometime next week - really looking forward to it!

I just bit the bullet and ordered the armor variant version at BBTS. Pricey, but I figure this will be the cheapest we'll ever be able to get it with the edition size at 100.

Back