1/6 [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Updated*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Update

Got him all suited up! Phew what a pain that was lol. I didn't bother lacing up the leather tunic because it's under the armor.

Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Update

Got him all suited up! Phew what a pain that was lol. I didn't bother lacing up the leather tunic because it's under the armor.

yea it definitely was quite the task to put this guy together. I need to take pics of mine. just haven't had the time

Lol, my thoughts exactly, didn't bother with the laces either. Can you imagine having to port him to another body, jeez! :slap

Got my set in and my god, it took nearly three hours to get him suited up :horror :thud:

I need to hire a smurf who has hands small enough to thread all those laces and hoops! :lol

Got my set in and my god, it took nearly three hours to get him suited up :horror :thud:

I need to hire a smurf who has hands small enough to thread all those laces and hoops! :lol

It is well worth the journey! I do caution that people watch out for that shoulder armor! It can scratch the chest if it moves around, mine has a couple of barely visible scratches from that. Here are some pics of mine, I still have some futzing to do but he is good to go!

maximus.jpg
maximus2.jpg

Looks good :rock

My General needs futzing too, I found the helmet to be too big for this sculpt and not sit properly but I may try and make it work.

Here's a quick n dirty pic :lol

b4f6e265-fed7-42d1-8307-e6d2fc905791_zps0ceb713a.jpg

To make the helmet fit better, I stuck some wet paper towel up in the dome to form it so it sits higher on his head. The hard part is getting the side flaps to rest on his head. Looks like you have the same sculpt that I do, I am a big fan of it. It looks much better in person than in photos.

Yeah, the helmet is just huge.

Agreed, this is the best Crowe sculpt to date that I'm aware of and my iPhone camera certainly does it or the figure any justice. :lol

I'll be picking up another one for the KP Arena Fighter shortly ;)

I like the way the hair is sculpted on that one but he looks too old due to it being a straight recast of the HT Jor El sculpt. Not saying that mine is perfect (its obviously not since I had to do some paint touch ups) but it looks younger IMO. I do prefer the Kaustic Plastik sculpt out of all the ones so far though.

Anybody know when Monkey Depot is shipping? got my body and painted head all I'm waiting on is the uniform.

Got my shipping info for the roman general set from Urban Samurai.

received my set this afternoon. Gonna put the general together when i have some time this weekend.

God so dissapointed with the Greek General, why couldn't it be as great as this Roman General set.
Would have loved to display them both together.

Yeah, with all its little flaws and inaccuracies, the Roman General is a fantastic figure. The Greek General, on the other hand, seems to be a bit of a missed opportunity.

they blew it on the helmet for Achilles. I was going to have Achilles, Leonidas, and Maximus all on one shelf. Way to blow that Pangea.

They're redoing the helmet, so all hope isn't. I'll be displaying Leonidas, Maximus and Achilles for certain.

I'm so pissed!
BBTS had these sets for PO before Christmas.
I got the figure as a gift and I was going to PO these sets from them.
I looked today and they're both sold out!
:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Back