ABC's "Marvel's: The Inhumans"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: INHUMANS

This. I have no desire to see Mr. Marvel and Moon Girl as "X-Men"-lite. I want bad-ass, Ellis Karnak, mysterious Black Bolt and hot AF Medusa involved in a "Crown"-like plot. Go sci-fi GoT or GTFO!

K0MNwjx.gif

Hmmmm...guess no movie after all.

DISNEY|ABC, IMAX AND MARVEL TELEVISION FORM INNOVATIVE PRODUCTION, MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT FOR
‘MARVEL’S THE INHUMANS,’ A NEW MARVEL TELEVISION & ABC STUDIOS TV SERIES SET FOR ABC

Version of first two episodes of new ABC series to premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for two-week window in late Summer 2017 prior to network run

IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” – produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras – will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

ABC, IMAX and Marvel Television also intend to work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series across their proprietary media platforms – which would be the first such cross-platform marketing launch of a television series. Today’s agreement also marks IMAX’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

“We’re happy to see this unique deal come together, working with our partners,” said Dan Buckley, President, Marvel Television, Publishing & Brand. “In an ever-changing world of distribution and consumption, it’s very exciting to be part of a groundbreaking initiative that takes us to the forefront of this evolution.”

This deal also provides audiences with high-quality, compelling entertainment options during what have traditionally been lulls in the summer blockbuster season. These IMAX audiences also tend to have high engagement and positive response to comic book fare.

Marvel's The Inhumans (TV Series, Fall of 2017)

New Marvel show.

Marvel Television has officially announced an Inhumans TV series is coming to ABC.

The new series will premiere in IMAX commercial theaters, marking the first time a live-action TV series has debuted in such a format. The first two episodes of the ABC series, which is set to arrive in fall of 2017 under the title Marvel's The Inhumans, will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks for the beginning of September 2017. ABC will the premiere the series in a weekly format.

An Inhumans movie was originally slated for November of 2018 but has been the topic of discussion since being pushed back, then off of Marvel's release schedule. The characters, however, have been introduced throughout Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.*
ABC, IMAX, and Marvel Television will work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series -- making it the closest thing to an Inhumans movie, considering the IMAX release format, we will see.*

This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

The Inhumans made their debut in Marvel Comics in Fantastic Four #45, published in December of 1945. Several of the character have become well known fan-favorites, such as Black Bolt, who has even garnered the attention and desires of Vin Diesel to play the part. The character were created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee as a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers.*

The series will introduce the Inhuman Royal Family to the Marvel Cinematic Universe according Marvel Senior Communications Manager, Joe Taraborelli. "Are you ready to see the Inhuman Royal Family on TV?" Taborelli said. "You better get ready
!"

What a waste of characters the show was mediocre at best I guess they don't want deal with a character that does not task. There can be no doubt that they will finally show us the royal family what waste I would have loved to see them crossed against the F4 they would be great together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Will AOS finally end? :lol

Not too hopeful for this show... but we'll see. The best news about this is that Vin Diesel wont be Black Bolt anymore.

"Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe."

First I've heard of em.

Terrible news. :monkey2

Plus there's a rumor that Disney is seeking to purchase Netflix.
I guess TV Marvel is almost dead. Sadness overload.

ABC... Really?! :thud:

The big question here is... That Premiere income will finance a higher production cost for all season?

Well, that's certainly surprising, but I'm gonna reserve judgement. If done right, this could be some brilliant TV, but if it's watered down... it's gonna suck hard. Call me optimistic, but I'm gonna wait a bit for more news. At least we know that it'll focus on the Royal Family and not the crappy Nu-Humans. As for the violence, dunno, AoS has been doing some pretty gross stuff, so I don't think we're gonna get something that kiddie. I just hope we get something between the Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee, Hickman and Kirby versions.

More Info: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/inhumans/the-inhumans-episode-count-and-setting-revealed-will-not-serve-as-an-a146803

Considering the fact that the show is going to revolve around Black Bolt and his royal family, that's not exactly a huge surprise. The New York Times meanwhile also sheds some light on things by confirming that the show will be co-financed by IMAX (a first for the company), something which is going to mean it, "will include cinema-quality visual effects" with imagery "enhanced due to Imax technology."

Original Article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvel-abc-set-inhumans-tv-series-947296

c8a0b60df193f2e5d40ac3a18333d98b.jpg

"Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe."

First I've heard of em.
Guess you've been living in a cave, then! Because Gorgon and Karnak are basically the modern day equivalents of Spider-Man and Jesus, in terms of popularity.

I would have been unhappy until this whole Ghost Rider season. I thought AoS sucked until this year. I am looking forward to finally seeing the InHumans although I would have preferred a movie. I just hope Hot Toys picks up the pace on the Netflix figures and also gets us these characters.

Back