ABC's "Marvel's: The Inhumans"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: INHUMANS - July 12, 2019

Looks like it was just a rumor.

I'll state simply that the rumor is not true. I went directly to an unimpeachable source, who told me that the film division is still planning to make the film, and there are certain elements of the "Inhumans" universe that have been declared off-limits to the "SHIELD" people as a result.

Read more at Marvel is indeed still releasing Inhumans to theaters in 2019
You took the words out of my mouth the chances of marvel passing on taking an obscure set of characters and turning them in to a movie is highly unlikely considering they were able to produce a block buster movie in GoG by doing just that.

And as you mentioned they are only really interested in the royal family if those ever make it on the big screen then yeah its over as far as turning it in to a movie.

I always felt that the inhuman belong with in the same world as the fantastic 4 maybe marvel can strike a deal with fox similar to what Sony did with spiderman and we can have them both in the marvel movie universe.

Development Hell...

Is it not fitting into the movie schedule? Damn Spider-Man and Ant-Man & Wasp threw it off :lol

Good. Now they won't try to push these on us in comics to bury the xmen.

Didn't that happen 3 years ago?

It still is happening. That whole bomb thing making more inhumans. The death of wolverine. Didn't they say they are going to put xmen in there own universe away from other characters?

Never had I thought that a movie studio not having a license is enough to try and bury your highest selling comic of all time. But hey I'm an xmen fan so I guess I'm being biased but seeing these guys try to take over the xmen spot irked me.

Man, this sucks! So much build up at Agents of **** and still no movie on the horizon.

Re: INHUMANS

I ****ing LOVE X-Men but I do love the Inhumans as well. I get the comparison to X-Men but they're really a whole different bag. I'm pretty disappointed that we won't get to see the Royal Family in the foreseeable future. :(

Marvel ****ed both the Inhumans and the X-Men big time, truth be told. The Inhumans were essentially a sci-fi GoT property, and all Marvel did was erase all that and write them as X-Men knock-offs. Meanwhile, the X-Men have only one good team book (Uncanny), which is more like an X-Force one. New X-Men is horrid (I mean, who the **** wants to read about the time-displaced O5?) and Extraordinary is boring as hell. No X-Force, no X-Factor (the NOW! Vol was fantastic though), no proper New X-Men, nada. Uncanny is briliant as it's a continuation of Bunn's Magneto, but the rest are yuck. Old Man Logan is cool though, and if Deapool counts, his book has been excellent!

Anyway, back to the Inhumans, they got royally screwed. Instead of banking on what made them unique and interesting and continuing the work from Hickman, War of Kings and the like, Marvel just turned them into second grade mutants. **** that, I want to see Game of Thrones set in a technologically advanced alien society, not get Claremont's X-Men with less interesting characters set in 2016.

Marvel ****ed both the Inhumans and the X-Men big time, truth be told. The Inhumans were essentially a sci-fi GoT property, and all Marvel did was erase all that and write them as X-Men knock-offs.
I could still see them doin' good enough Inhumans film after AoS S2, but not after S3. :(

Anyway, they got royally screwed.
:lol :lecture

I want to see an Inhumans film but only if they're the "living on the Blue side of the Moon" Inhumans. Mostly I just want to see Black Bolt's costume on the big screen and Medusa's hair going ape****. Plus, Lockjaw or FAIL.

I could still see them doin' good enough Inhumans film after AoS S2, but not after S3. :(

Eh, I really enjoy AoS (maybe it's because of how bad Arrow, Flash, LoT and such have gotten), but I do agree they could've done without the Inhuman stuff. I want an espionage show like Ellis' or Spencer's, hell, even Kot's, Secret Avengers. Hickman's Secret Warriors was a masterpiece, and it pisses me off to see them adapt the least interesting stuff and leave out the best (The Kraken, Gorgon, Phobos, etc, etc) in favor of the bland Inhumans.

I want to see an Inhumans film but only if they're the "living on the Blue side of the Moon" Inhumans. Mostly I just want to see Black Bolt's costume on the big screen and Medusa's hair going ape****. Plus, Lockjaw or FAIL.

This. I have no desire to see Mr. Marvel and Moon Girl as "X-Men"-lite. I want bad-ass, Ellis Karnak, mysterious Black Bolt and hot AF Medusa involved in a "Crown"-like plot. Go sci-fi GoT or GTFO!

Back