A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd guess most collectors would be happy without the sculpted bases tbh. At least I know I would rather pay less for a plain figure set than to have a heavy hunk of plastic chew up shipping costs and storage space. I do like chairs though (ie Don Vito, Tony Montana, Sweeney Todd etc).

Special bases should only be reserved for DX figures IMO

I like the carbon freezing stand designed for SS Boba Fett which is about the same size of a standard display stand yet gives the figure an extra whammy. The big honking stands with Superman and New Goblin etc. is too much IMO.

Hot Toys planned MMS figures for 2012...

Licenses Announced:

Early/Mid 2011
X-Men First Class (Still no prototypes show as of Jan 2012)
Metal Gear Solid (Still no prototypes show as of Jan 2012)
Green Lantern (Still no prototypes show as of Jan 2012)
Star Wars (First Figure up for Order)

Late-2011/Early 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises
Avengers
Robocop re-announced
Full Predator Franchise re-announced
Prometheus

_____

From New Franchises - With No Ties To Existing Lines:

Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
Jake Sully (Avatar)
BabyDoll (Sucker Punch)
Any figure From Metal Gear Solid
Any Figure From X-Men First Class
Any Figure From Green Lantern
Any Human figure From Prometheus

Put Up For Order: 3
Likely from Announced Licenses: 4

Original Figures (characters not made previously):

Red Skull
Sam Flynn (due last year)
Jake Sully (due last year)
Babydoll (due last year)
Amber (due last year)
Samurai Predator
Magneto (X-Men First Class) - likely
Hal Jordon (Green Lantern) - likely
Iron Monger
Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
Noland (Predators)
Loki (Thor) - prototype shown
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) - likely
Bane (TDKR) - likely
Catwoman (TDKR) - likely
Batmobile '89 - Announced & shown
Cannibal King Throne (POTC) - Announced & Shown
Angelica (POTC) - Announced, Not Shown
Iron Man Gantry

Original Characters Put Up For Order: 10
Likely Original characters from Announced Licenses: 5

Remakes or Figures of Previous Characters Already Made:

Iron Man MK I
Iron Man MK II
Iron Man MK IV & Gantry
Iron Man MK VII (Avengers) - Announced
Iron Man MK VIII (Avengers) - Announced & likely
Black suited Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man - Announced
Captain America (CA:TFA rescue version)
Captain America (Avengers) - likely
Joker (6th Ledger) - Announced
Batman (michael keaton)
Joker (jack nicholson)
Batman (TDKR) - Announced
Batman 1/4 (TDKR) - Announced
Tumbler (TDKR) - Announced
Bat-Pod (TDKR) - Announced
Thor (Avengers) - Announced & likely
Black Widow (Avengers) - Announced & Likely
Robocop - Announced
Cain (Robocop) - Announced
Dutch 1/4 (Predator) - Announced
Predator 1/4 (Predator) - Announced & likely
Cannibal Jack Sparrow & Throne - Announced

Previously Made Characters Up For Order: 6
Likely Previously Made Characters From Announced Licenses: 16

Figure Count By Franchise/Character (Totals include Up For Order & future likely releases):

2012 Releases/Likely | TOTAL

Predator: 2 figures = 25 figures in total
Tron Legacy: 1 figure = 2 figures in total
Avatar: 1 figure = 1 figure in total

Part of the Marvel AVENGERS and lead in films:
- Iron Man - 7 figures = 19 figures in total (not including Black Widow)
- Captain America: 3 figures = 4 figures in total (including 1 from Avengers)
- Thor: 1 figure = 4 figures in total (including 1 from Avengers)
- Black Widow: 1 figure (likely) = 2 figures in total (including 1 from Avengers)

Metal Gear Solid: 1 figure initially
Robocop: 2 figures (possibly 2013) = 7 figures in total
Sucker Punch: 2 figures = 2 figures in total
Batman: 5 figures = 21 figure in total (including 5 from TDKR)
X-Men First Class: 1 figure intially
Spider-Man: 1 figure = 4 figures in total
Star Wars: 1 figure = 1 figure in total
Green Lantern: 1 figure initially

I think that's everything as of now, let me know otherwise and i'll add it :wave

*The totals were taken from a MMS list (i added them up as best i could as the licenses aren't listed in order and included figures to be expected from those licenses)*

Last edited:
wow you can really see why a lot of things would be expect to be out already are not. I take it a lot of time and resources have gone into the likes of Batmobile/ironmonger/Avatar.

Once they get cleared up think we can expect hottoys to start turning out figures like they used to. Kinda enjoying the slow down though. Getting a few bills cleared up :D

As for the stands some of them have real wow factor but they are not really practical for most displays. Having Trouble fitting the Joker/batman dx stands into my display. Without them I could fit 2-3 more figures around them

You forgot Pirates of the Caribbean - Angelica and Throne Jack... :)

I incluced Throne in the original figs bit and Cannibal jack in the previous figs bit, but i did forget Anglica

Great job there Nova! :clap Appreciate the effort of listing those downs. TFS! :wink1:

Nice of you to say Jay (ooh that rhymes :lol)

___

What i don't really like though is that for future projects (at least the ones known or figures expected) there is very few new characters being made... Avengers, TDKR, Robocop, ASM, Predator are nearly all characterss that have been made already by HT.

But i'm sure they'll have more Star Wars and hopefully plenty of figures from the new Franchises

I sure hope for figures from new franchises!

Speaking of, does Hot Toys have specific days/periods when they like to announce new prototypes? Like, "usually mondays" or "middle of the month" or "never on the weekend"? My book of faces newsfeed is screwy and I rarely get updates from their page... Would really appreciate tips on when I should pay closer attention to their FB page, since I'm new to this thing and all. :1-1:

I sure hope for figures from new franchises!

Speaking of, does Hot Toys have specific days/periods when they like to announce new prototypes? Like, "usually mondays" or "middle of the month" or "never on the weekend"? My book of faces newsfeed is screwy and I rarely get updates from their page... Would really appreciate tips on when I should pay closer attention to their FB page, since I'm new to this thing and all. :1-1:

The only updates Hot Toys gives is to annunce a new license or product, they don't address delays or quality control or questions (unless it's directions to their store)

There is no specific days or anything as to when they make announcements, but i think weekends are off the table

Hope that helps, and judging by your avatar, you looking forward to Hot Toys finally doing XM:FC?

The only updates Hot Toys gives is to annunce a new license or product, they don't address delays or quality control or questions (unless it's directions to their store)

There is no specific days or anything as to when they make announcements, but i think weekends are off the table

Hope that helps, and judging by your avatar, you looking forward to Hot Toys finally doing XM:FC?

Ah okay, so I guess I need to check regularly, then. Thanks, that does help!

Yes, I am! Then again, I'm pretty split. I mean, part of me wants to finally see something, just because I'm so excited about the possibility of HT X-men FC figs and I'm worried they'll never release anything. The other part of me will gladly wait months more if that means we'll get a less rushed and better product. In short though... :impatient:

I do love the pop art that that was done for Erik and Charles for the SDCC t-shirts and the art for the art book (in my avatar) - I will be SO happy if HT uses the same design for the figure boxes!

The Matrix will happen. I'm going to assume from now on that HT will in time acquire all licenses that exist or that they have had in the past. How long it takes them to produce the figures will be a different matter.

Has HT ever announced The Matrix in the past?

Or dropped a license without making anything from it?

Was about to ask the same question.

I know they stopped a few lines early like Watchmen but did they ever announced what figures they where making from that line?

Platoon is a fine example they did announce Elias and lerner with coming soon place cards at a few shows but no sign of them yet.

I remember everyone crying about avatar being dropped but it popped up when no one was expecting it

The Matrix will happen. I'm going to assume from now on that HT will in time acquire all licenses that exist or that they have had in the past. How long it takes them to produce the figures will be a different matter.

Are you still hoping because of that "spoon" preview that wound up not being Matrix? :lol

:D No I remember that, it ended up being that 'Friend' figure didn't it.

Just I can't see them not tackling The Matrix at some point. Its right up their ally and it still endures despite the sequels not living up to the promise for many people.

Back