A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got that feeling where even thought I'm broke & still need to find the cash for Captain America & Keaton Batman I'm desperate for Hot Toys to make some announcements of some sexy new figures for me to lust over.:monkey5

Or Red Skull specs & pics would also hit the spot right about now.

The only thing about Captain America that I like is Red Skull. I would seriously consider picking up the HT figure

I would also ____ a brick if this could ever happen. I know it won't. Bit it's one of my favorite flicks, I basically lived by this movie in middle/high school.(Yes, Pre Dark Knight) It's completely underrated.

Skip%20Engblom.preview.jpg

I would also ____ a brick if this could ever happen. I know it won't. Bit it's one of my favorite flicks, I basically lived by this movie in middle/high school.(Yes, Pre Dark Knight) It's completely underrated.

Skip%20Engblom.preview.jpg

Unreal movie....definitely a dream license but it'll never happen. Always a potential for a custom though! :D

lol what movie is that?
I would love to see Mafia 2 for their videogame licenses. My favorite free roam game.
Movie wise (and thinking realistically) I'd like to see something from Kick Ass

Unreal movie....definitely a dream license but it'll never happen. Always a potential for a custom though! :D
:pray: I'd buy a custom if it did it justice!
^^
Yeah I love that film, it was only about 2 years ago I 1st see it
I know, I really need to get it on BluRay, my DVD copy barely works how long I've had it and how much I watched it :lol
lol what movie is that?
I would love to see Mafia 2 for their videogame licenses. My favorite free roam game.
Movie wise (and thinking realistically) I'd like to see something from Kick Ass

:horror:horror:horror

It's "Lords of Dogtown"

I'd like to see what HT could do with kick ass as well.

Ahh yes, Lords of Dogtown. Yet to see that one. The thing with me is im a movie junkie, have watched many, many films. And yet I seem to have skipped on some of the all time classics. Cant really explain why. Best excuse is they go for to long.

Iron man 2 mark 2
Sucker Punch Babydoll
Sucker Punch Amber

City Hunter Saeko Nogami
City Hunter Ryo Saeba

These four were due in November then when that came it changed to December and when that came it changed to Jan, so i imagine that when it comes toward to the end of Jan it'll change again, 1 or 2 of them may come but certainly not all of them.

So Red Skull is comming in at 199 USD, Black Spidey even 10 USD more, yet they have both not really much of accessoires - at least nothing they did not include with cheaper figures before. Is this the new price pont we have to get used to? Where are the good old 150 POs? really wanted both but overhere, they cost that much in Euro (RS 190 €, Spidey 220 €) and I seriously do not want to invest 530 USD in two figures.
Also I realized figures start to take quite long to sell out... What do you think? Did they finally reach their peak?

So Red Skull is comming in at 199 USD, Black Spidey even 10 USD more, yet they have both not really much of accessoires - at least nothing they did not include with cheaper figures before. Is this the new price pont we have to get used to? Where are the good old 150 POs? really wanted both but overhere, they cost that much in Euro (RS 190 €, Spidey 220 €) and I seriously do not want to invest 530 USD in two figures.
Also I realized figures start to take quite long to sell out... What do you think? Did they finally reach their peak?

$150 - $170 pre orders are a thing of the past.

just wrote about it in red skull thread:

"this is coming from looking at HT from early 2008 to now, and just how much they've changed is all.

What I meant by "making a figure more then it needs to be," is well, take the Black suit Spidy for example. Why does it come with a big ass Sand Man? The figure would be the same without it,and would sell all the same. Does including it lend itself to a bigger price tag? Yes. Thor, with the rock mound (who really uses it anyway??) Same thing. Remember the days when they just came with black stands and a few accessories and we were still happy? Collectors now expect a figure to have some kind of sculpted base or added "wow" factor. But thats okay with HT cause they can continue to jack up the price.

Collectors expect HT to include everything these days while still wanting the price as low as possible. And then when somethings wrong they throw a fit. That's something that didn't really happen until recently.

And then I just look at this figure (red skull), and have to ask why is it so much? Looking over at Bank Robber Joker, two heads (equally as sculpted as this) around the same amount of clothing, and way more accessories. Back to this: why is it so much? Because HT knows our dumbasses will still buy it."

Remember the days when they just came with black stands and a few accessories and we were still happy? Collectors now expect a figure to have some kind of sculpted base or added "wow" factor.

I'd guess most collectors would be happy without the sculpted bases tbh. At least I know I would rather pay less for a plain figure set than to have a heavy hunk of plastic chew up shipping costs and storage space. I do like chairs though (ie Don Vito, Tony Montana, Sweeney Todd etc).

I would give my left testicle for Pineapple Express figures. Red, Sol, Dale. That'd be awesome. As for HTs recent prices I agree with everything NKK just said....

Back