A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can some one update with thinks like Luke and correct this:

MMS Sucker Punch - Babydoll
DX Pirates of the Caribbean : On Strangers Tides - Jack Sparrow
DX Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indiana Jones
_
_
December 2011
_MMS Iron Man 2 - Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)
MMS Avatar - Jake Sully
MMS Sucker Punch - Amber
CMS City Hunter - Ryô Saeba
CMS City Hunter -_Saeko Nogami
_
January 2012
_MMS Predators - Classic Predator
_
February_2012
Predators_- Noland
_
March 2012
DX_Batman 89 - Batman
DX_Batman 89 - The Joker
MMS Tron Legacy - Sam Flynn_
_
April_2012
MMS Iron Man 2 - Suit-Up Gantry
_
May_2012
MMS Iron Man - Iron Monger

I think it's because it was their 10th anniversary that year (if I'm not mistaken), plus it marked the end of a decade for all of us. Despite the heavy previewing we got in 2010's holiday season, I think we got a helluva lot more during SDCC '11. It was impressive not just in terms of volume, but in terms of the figures themselves. A Star Wars line, an Iron Monger, a suit-up gantry display, a remake announcement for the Mk. 1, and a Classic Predator that 75% of us were sure we'd never see... If 2012 is anything like this year was, the time will soon come when someone will have to found Collectors' Anonymous and set up an online course.

Yeah, I think HT is taking their time to work on all the announcements they have done, but haven't shown any figures of.
Would be nice if they would catch up a bit.

I have to say though that it seems like a while since we last saw new specs and pics. Last one was the Black Spidey if I'm not mistaken...
Seems like these specs and pics came more frequent a while back.

I'm a little peeved by the quality of the bodies hot toys uses. I've had two bodies break on me this week doing some cleaning in my room. One was the alien warrior from aliens but that was sort of expected as everything I've seen happen to other peoples but when I picked up my Bank Robber Joker the bottom part of the leg just fell off, just straight up dropped right out of the pants, I was like what the hell?

Does anyone know if hot toys does body replacements for this like this?

I'm a little peeved by the quality of the bodies hot toys uses. I've had two bodies break on me this week doing some cleaning in my room. One was the alien warrior from aliens but that was sort of expected as everything I've seen happen to other peoples but when I picked up my Bank Robber Joker the bottom part of the leg just fell off, just straight up dropped right out of the pants, I was like what the hell?

Does anyone know if hot toys does body replacements for this like this?

Those are from several years ago. HT's QC was crap then. Its still not the best now, but tons better than that. Those knees from a few year ago were like cracked glass. I doubt HT would be of any help now because the figures are so old, but its worth a shot. They always require a receipt so good luck with that :lol

but when I picked up my Bank Robber Joker the bottom part of the leg just fell off, just straight up dropped right out of the pants, I was like what the hell?

I had the same thing happening to mine last year or so. Glued it, and decided to get a new TT body to replace the broken one.
Still haven't done that :lol

Figure stands fine with a glued knee.

I can't believe the Batman figure is winning the vote of FOTY on facebook.

I don't have it admittedly as i canceled it expecting some poor QC on the costuming like the DX02, it happened and not only that the figure shipped broken, and yet it's winning :slap

I can't believe the Batman figure is winning the vote of FOTY on facebook.

This is the perfect example of why they made that figure in the first place. Even a ____ty Batman figure is more popular than anything else they could possibly do.

I'm betting alot of those votes are from Nolan obsessionists who don't even have the figure

OR. . .

The far more likely scenario is that Batman is an extremely popular property and people can't get enough.

Sideshow gets the DC license, what do they do with it?? A Joker PF and a Batman bust. Do you think it's coincidence that they started off with Batman stuff??

The reality is, SSF is a narrow segment of the consumer base, very few people actually care about crooked knee-pads or that a cape is too poofy or that the color of the jacket lining is red instead of burnt amber or whatever. All this stuff, most people don't care.

I have or had each figure without a doubt Sparrow is the most amazing along with best bang for buck IMO. AE bucks and I received him shipped under $220 with two amazing sculpts, accessories and top notch craftsmanship.

I am not a huge Sparrow fan, I prefer Marvel figures no contest IMO.

Back