A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D No I remember that, it ended up being that 'Friend' figure didn't it.

Just I can't see them not tackling The Matrix at some point. Its right up their ally and it still endures despite the sequels not living up to the promise for many people.

Well, when the "resurrection" sequels hit, maybe they'll consider it.

I've kinda grown bored by current Hot Toys Superheroes, i'm a big Marvel geek and love superheroes but at least half of the ones upcoming have already been done (and i've got many of them)...

Batman, Tumbler, Joker 2.0, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black widow. They've got some new characters up for order like Red Skull & Iron Monger and there'll be some new characters like Bane, Nick Fury, Hawkeye etc... But they're all from the same franchises.

(And i know they don't only do Superhero figures but they are the majority right now)

I'd prefer some great characters from great and sometimes bad films, i'm not talking a whole line of figures but 1-2 from each franchise, hell with most of these films they needn't be called lines or franchises as all you'd want is the main character from each film...

Snake Plissken
Beatrix Kiddo
O'Ren Ishii
Machete
John Matrix
Axel Foley
Simon Phoenix / John Spartan
Frank Dux
Gunner from Expendables
John McClane

Last edited:
Anyone know what the hell is going on with their VGM series, they announced one license last year, haven't made any figures and haven't announced any further projects, there are some great games out there to make figures from...

Dead Space
God of War
Gears of War
Mortal Kombat
Mass Effect
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil (already mostly done though)

Seems Hottoys have gone into their shell must be hard at work trying to catch up on all the stuff they announced lol

Seems Hottoys have gone into their shell must be hard at work trying to catch up on all the stuff they announced lol

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Just tracked their last pre-orders...

Tumbler
Iron man MK 1
Red Skull
Black suit spider-man
Samurai Predator
Luke Skywalker - Nov 18th
War Machine
Iron Monger
Noland
Joker 89
Batman 89
Classic Predator
Gantry

So out of 14 MMS figures only 12 are from licenses other than Marvel, DC & Predator.

The last 5 figures up for pre-order are from these same three franchises/licenses.

The last original Franchise figure was Luke Skywalker on November 18th 2011, that's almost 1/4 of a year ago, the last before that was 4 months prior :slap :dunno

They are great franchises but there is little choice otherwise.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the hell is going on with their VGM series, they announced one license last year, haven't made any figures and haven't announced any further projects, there are some great games out there to make figures from...

Dead Space
God of War
Gears of War
Mortal Kombat
Mass Effect
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil (already mostly done though)

What I'd do for a Miranda figure. :thud:

Didn't know they announced a ME line.

In their latest Q and A, they say that we will still see more from Platoon, that a Nurse Joker will never happen from them, that X-Men: First Class is proceeding nicely and that they're making Xavier in the wheelchair, and also that they are looking into making figures of various Bruce Willis characters.

In their latest Q and A, they say that we will still see more from Platoon, that a Nurse Joker will never happen from them, that X-Men: First Class is proceeding nicely and that they're making Xavier in the wheelchair, and also that they are looking into making figures of various Bruce Willis characters.

Bruce Willis? Cool :)

the translation actually mentions DIE HARD.
427988_305865896142074_138228759572456_922847_2100059903_n.jpg

That interview is pretty solid confirmation in my book. I just don't want it to be swept under the rug like their Stallone poll from a year ago.

Back