$80 for next gen games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just wait a week for everyone to drop the price $10 or wait a month or 2 for $20 drop. You don't have to buy every game at the midnight launch. :slap

A week? A month? It's my experience that unless you want to wait three or four months, you're probably going to pay at least $50 for games. You might get lucky and catch a sale somewhere, but the general price of games stays fairly high. There are a few exceptions of course. The crappy games tend to drop a little faster, but not $10 a week fast.

Unless a game comes out just before Black Friday it seems unlikely it will wil drop in a month or two especially big titles.

I know Sony and MS said $60 but they can only control the prices of the games they publish.

I don't follow console games prices much, but pretty much every big release on PC could have been gotten for like $20 less within a month, sometimes even more.

I don't see them increasing prices, what I do see is them figuring out how much a game is actually worth. So I think they will be priced more to how much you will get out of it rather than how it is now where everything is priced the same regardless of how long the game is or what type of game it is.

I don't buy much games at all bar half a dozen or so through the year. A price increase won't really affect me much, but a 20$ bump in this economy is suicide.

Sony and MS would have to be crazy to list their next-gen games at $79 a pop. Their next-gen consoles just wouldn't sell that well, if that's the case.

It's the pirate's life for him!

i9MPaGjC9NZ9d.gif

I've never rented a video game or bought a used game. I'm way too OCD scratches... so everything has to be brand new :rotfl.

I've never rented a video game or bought a used game. I'm way too OCD scratches... so everything has to be brand new :rotfl.

It is brand new if your get it as soon as its released other wise yea its beat up.

I think that price is fine as when the N64 came out some games were £60.00 like conker's bad fur day and Mario kart was £55.00.

Also how many games can 1 person play on at once?
I bought a few games on release day and not played on them yet and now they can be bought for £10.00.
So unless the game is a must buy then i don't see the point in rushing out and buying every game.

Back