$75,000 in Collectibles Stolen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really awful. I've had a few things stolen from my collection before, and it really stings. I can't imagine losing everything. I hope he manages to recover some of it.

that vid was really scary and messed up. Had to be an inside job. Personally I tend to feel nervous when I show my room to people I don't know to well ie friends of friends. Might be changing my policy soon.

Hopefully he will get some part of it back. The rarer pieces may lead to the rest--or at least who took them in the first place. The common pieces would be much harder to track. Whoever did it must have had some information about his collection. I would lose my mind coming home to find out my collection was stolen. Take my television--hell, take my car--but leave my collection alone.

anybody find out if he is on here, he said he was on a forum where everybody would be talking and watching out for his stuff. he said he was going to make a list with edition #'s so everybody would know if they try to sell

Man, that's a devastating hit. Hopefully, this guy finds out who ganked his stuff. I agree with all of you that say it was an inside job. It had to be someone he knows.

ScreenShot2014-02-03at094045_zps39fc2124.png

I was just about to make a thread about this. This morning I watched it on the local news and I recorded it so I could post it here. Sorry for the quality. It's my iPhone recording directly at the TV screen. The video has more information than the one from the link in the first post.

Wow, my heart goes out to this person. Hope his insurance company helps him recoup some funds so that he may at least try and replace some of his lost collectibles. Completely agree this was done or initiated by a friend or worse a relative, and hope those responsible die in a fire.

I feel a little less paranoid now that I've installed locks on all my collectibles cabinets, and think this helped finalize my decision to never post a personal 'Show your shelves' thread ever again.

Last edited:
I warned you folks about showing your shelves b4, but all i get was jokes about ooo someone is worried about it...

This is esp true for those that actually trade/buy/sell, you can't fake an address, so whenever you send/receive something, someone gets your details. All it takes is 1 or 2 culprits baiting, they'd probably check on your collection 1st, maybe find out what you want, post a deal that's tempting, makes a deal, get your money & details, drive to you place after 6 months, take everything they window shopped via your show your collection thread.

+++Profit.

That is unless you live on an island in Greece or something where little people care about them.

The type of people that do things like this would sooner destroy all of these collectibles before giving them back. Sell-able or not I can't see this having a happy ending even if they catch them.

I warned you folks about showing your shelves b4, but all i get was jokes about ooo someone is worried about it...

This is esp true for those that actually trade/buy/sell, you can't fake an address, so whenever you send/receive something, someone gets your details. All it takes is 1 or 2 culprits baiting, they'd probably check on your collection 1st, maybe find out what you want, post a deal that's tempting, makes a deal, get your money & details, drive to you place after 6 months, take everything they window shopped via your show your collection thread.

+++Profit.

That is unless you live on an island in Greece or something where little people care about them.

I rarely post photos as is...
:lecture :goodpost:
The type of people that do things like this would sooner destroy all of these collectibles before giving them back. Sell-able or not I can't see this having a happy ending even if they catch them.

If they catch them and castrate them the ending will be happy :lol

Wow. I was literally agape while watching the entire video, especially when I saw the original art for the first page of Days of Future Past. That would cost a fortune now at the event of the movie coming up, but the culprits might know that selling original art would most likely get them caught faster than if they sell numbered statues.

Thanks for the video commtech, I hope you don't mind me sharing it on Facebook.

+++Profit.

:exactly: :goodpost:
Showing everything you have while giving anybody the oppertunity to find out where you live, by buying or selling on a forum, is a bad idea.
Only deal with well established members you trust.

What a shame that some people feel the need to behave this way.

I feel bad for this guy, but he is crazy if he thinks the stolen goods can't be sold.
The thieves will be happy to sell his $2,500 Cap shield for less than half of that just to get it off their hands.

Back