$75,000 in Collectibles Stolen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I always use my work as the return and shipping address on all of the packages I send out and recieve. If someone wants to steal from me, they can have fun scoping out a commercial building.

​The person responsible for the theft may not even be interested in selling it. May just like it so much they stole it for themselves.

I warned you folks about showing your shelves b4, but all i get was jokes about ooo someone is worried about it...

This is esp true for those that actually trade/buy/sell, you can't fake an address, so whenever you send/receive something, someone gets your details. All it takes is 1 or 2 culprits baiting, they'd probably check on your collection 1st, maybe find out what you want, post a deal that's tempting, makes a deal, get your money & details, drive to you place after 6 months, take everything they window shopped via your show your collection thread.

+++Profit.

That is unless you live on an island in Greece or something where little people care about them.

I can't imagine that's the case here; the people who broke in cut the power to his security system so they most likely have been inside the house before.

Obviously people here don't know much about Arts Black Market where there's only 1 painting or 1 antique that can't be bought elsewhere legitimately & many people wanting it. Or a heart that matches the patient.

What a shame that some people feel the need to behave this way.

I feel bad for this guy, but he is crazy if he thinks the stolen goods can't be sold.
The thieves will be happy to sell his $2,500 Cap shield for less than half of that just to get it off their hands.

well, do you think a normal person would be able to tell which wire to cut to disable the security system by having been inside the house?

pros shouldn't need to go in the house just to tell.

I can't imagine that's the case here; the people who broke in cut the power to his security system so they most likely have been inside the house before.

:exactly: :goodpost:
Showing everything you have while giving anybody the oppertunity to find out where you live, by buying or selling on a forum, is a bad idea...

Have to agree with this.. showing off the odd recent purchase is one thing.. but sadly, there is definitely a risk attached to showcasing your entire collection.. just hope the thieves get identified while trying to offload some of the rarer items and that Monel gets his stuff back.

I avoid the Show Your Shelves for this very reason. Also I do not really seek any validation from people on the setup I have. I am happy with it.... so I certainly do not need other people's validation. I also have a security system in place, and the room is on a VERY high floor with absolutely no easy window access.

Whoever robbed this guy clearly knew what had value, since they left the statues and lesser valuable things behind. Hopefully he can recover from his losses. I would be devastated.

you should, just maybe using an alias. i enjoy looking at people's collection at Show Your Shelves section, you find very interesting collection & setups. Especially those custom cabinets & lights.

I avoid the Show Your Shelves for this very reason. Also I do not really seek any validation from people on the setup I have. I am happy with it.... so I certainly do not need other people's validation. I also have a security system in place, and the room is on a VERY high floor with absolutely no easy window access.

Whoever robbed this guy clearly knew what had value, since they left the statues and lesser valuable things behind. Hopefully he can recover from his losses. I would be devastated.

you should, just maybe using an alias. i enjoy looking at people's collection at Show Your Shelves section, you find very interesting collection & setups. Especially those custom cabinets & lights.

If you're showing your collection while buying and selling on here it's easy for someone to find what you have and where you live.
Doesn't matter if you use an alias or not.

That's why when I show my shelves, I include my gun collection and my killer dog in the pics. Ruff Ruff Bang Bang!

Good thing I have no friends,nobody comes to my house because i work all the time,I also don't like to go to peoples house.Nobody knows what I have.

The only place the thieve will be able to sell them is in the streets of North Korea.

Good thing I have no friends,nobody comes to my house because i work all the time,I also don't like to go to peoples house.Nobody knows what I have.

The only place the thieve will be able to sell them is in the streets of North Korea.

If you're always at work and have an empty home that's a good target.

So this must be a pic of ur backyard, should be easy to find. Better Lock those doors.

pit-bull-chick.jpg

Back