$75,000 in Collectibles Stolen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you use an alias to show your collection, and not showing what you just bought and telling people what you just sold, chances are you won't get tracked that easily. alias as in another account with a different username than you would when buying/selling.

unless they have access to ur ip, broadband account, tracks ur location, in that case might as well disconnect your internet.

If you're showing your collection while buying and selling on here it's easy for someone to find what you have and where you live.
Doesn't matter if you use an alias or not.

having guns & killer dog means nothing when they come prepared. it's so unwise to reveal your security systems & arsenals.

if not Gadafi Duck & Sadam wouldn't have gotten a scratch.

That's why when I show my shelves, I include my gun collection and my killer dog in the pics. Ruff Ruff Bang Bang!

Don't worry Potato, they won't be coming for your moldy figures :lol

..unless your threads were a clever ruse to throw would-be thieves off the scent?

Most of us have posted pictures here at some point in time. So, out of the security concerns that tater-tots has just brought to light, we might as well run for the hills, and petition Dave to shut down SSF :lol.

:rotfl That's just mean LJ!

.. but true.. I swung a drone past Potato's gaff.. man, that's some collection of mould!.. some so unusual they don't even have scientific names!..
#NSA.. just kidding Potato.. #GCHQ.. no really, I'm making it up.. #blackhelicopters..(jk).. #shapechangingalienreptileoverlords
:)

Meh. You come into this world with nothing and you leave this world with nothing.

Insurance claim.

figures no one would be interested with molds.

Don't worry Potato, they won't be coming for your moldy figures :lol

..unless your threads were a clever ruse to throw would-be thieves off the scent?

I pointed this out way back when i 1st saw the showcases, but people just laugh off that such things will never happen. Be glad that US is such a big country, and some folks here stay in Europe. If it were in smaller countries with very few distance to cover to get to your target's location, like Hong Kong or Vatican or Singapore, it'd have happened long time ago.

Which makes me wonder do these cases actually happen outside English speaking nation which went unpublicized in English media? Coz collectibles are more common in Asian Countries & more people know these stuff collectors not.

Most of us have posted pictures here at some point in time. So, out of the security concerns that tater-tots has just brought to light, we might as well run for the hills, and petition Dave to shut down SSF :lol.

if you use an alias to show your collection, and not showing what you just bought and telling people what you just sold, chances are you won't get tracked that easily. alias as in another account with a different username than you would when buying/selling.

unless they have access to ur ip, broadband account, tracks ur location, in that case might as well disconnect your internet.

Don't know how it works here but every other forum I visit frowns on multi accounts and deletes them.

I find it hard to believe that if I sell something to someone in California that they're going to come all the way to my house to break in and steal my stuff. Most house thefts are done by someone in your own town or city. In this case I'm betting it's someone who knows him or knows enough about him and his collection to only target the high end stuff. There's too many things left. They knew what they were gonna rip off before they broke through that window. They picked through his things.

It sucks, but honestly, he could have had a fire and lost more. Maybe we shouldn't have gas or electric lines running to our houses.

The paranoia by some after seeing this, is just crazy.

buying selling is just an easy way to get your exact location. putting everything in show your shelves just like handling a shopping catalog to folks. if there's folks around your area (which is unlikely since there's not many collecting in Cali), and they are bad enough to steal, and they happen to see what they like in your catalogue, and somehow got your address, "They're coming for you Barbara".

but in this case most likely he made the tape and people around that area saw the tape & like what they see, and went in.

I find it hard to believe that if I sell something to someone in California that they're going to come all the way to my house to break in and steal my stuff. Most house thefts are done by someone in your own town or city. In this case I'm betting it's someone who knows him or knows enough about him and his collection to only target the high end stuff. There's too many things left. They knew what they were gonna rip off before they broke through that window. They picked through his things.

usually multi accounts are used in flame wars, trolling etc that is why most places don't allow multis, but if you use it like once a month just to buy/sell, i don't think it's too big of a deal.

Don't know how it works here but every other forum I visit frowns on multi accounts and deletes them.

Back