3A: The Invincible Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint apps and weathering on these look great. Like the stealth the best, but not quite enough to pull the trigger. Cool release, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Dr. Doom and Ultron.

PO just the classic this morning. The set is way too expensive imo.

Wanted to get the stealth, but since they are a bit abstract, it makes it even harder to recognise as IM.

Really like the stealth the most, and it'll ship with red eyes to make it even more menacing.

But it need to be put near other IM figures to make it more recognizable

1898020_10152166437858260_1107572367_n.jpg

These look great but this is one I think may actually fall in price on the aftermarket. Even with my 3aa discount it's just too much.

For whatever reason, I don't think I noticed the lack of a "mouth" on the helmet, until those pics.

Geez, couldn't they at least sculpted the arc reactor on the Silver Centurion to be triangular and made the shoulder bells angular to give it the iconic "V" shape? I would give consideration to purchase this Silver Centurion if it wasn't such an obvious lazy repaint of the Origin Armor.

I saw this guy and really love it! next DX should be this!

It's true. Think of all the people out there that is only interested in these "abstract, designer" toys.

I don't know about that. They made that Artist Collection line and gave us the Samurai Predator. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold one of those IM figures we have been seeing on display at their events. In fact, the current post on HT page is about the Artist Project Firefighter Iron Man:

941573_522035074525154_739031102_n.jpg

Just got this guy in. Went only with the standard one. He's very...stylized.

I wonder how the rubber will hold up with this guy - the arms and legs are painted rubber, as are the boot cuffs and glove cuffs. Pulling off the repulsers on the back (which you have to do to get to the battery compartment) the little knobs are painted rubber and the paint comes right off. Since you don't see these when the repulsors are on, it's not a big deal, but makes me a bit worried about the other painted rubber. I have naked Doom on order - I'm curious to see how they do non-armored figures in this style though.

I wonder how the rubber will hold up with this guy - the arms and legs are painted rubber, as are the boot cuffs and glove cuffs. Pulling off the repulsers on the back (which you have to do to get to the battery compartment) the little knobs are painted rubber and the paint comes right off. Since you don't see these when the repulsors are on, it's not a big deal, but makes me a bit worried about the other painted rubber. I have naked Doom on order - I'm curious to see how they do non-armored figures in this style though.

Is the mid section on yours as loose as in the review above?

It wont, I already saw someone complaining on one of there Instagram post's that there are cracks around the elbows and knees and the black wash is coming off.

I was thiiiiiis close to spending the 200 bones on this thing. I don't know why...I'm not a huge Ashley Wood fan but something about the Silver Centurion version with those big hands and obscured helmet just really appealed to me.

Really glad I passed now. I haven't read a single positive review of this thing online and everyone has that horrible floppy chest that just swings around like a dead fish.

$200 bucks for this thing? Geez.

I was thiiiiiis close to spending the 200 bones on this thing. I don't know why...I'm not a huge Ashley Wood fan but something about the Silver Centurion version with those big hands and obscured helmet just really appealed to me.

Really glad I passed now. I haven't read a single positive review of this thing online and everyone has that horrible floppy chest that just swings around like a dead fish.

$200 bucks for this thing? Geez.

I almost skipped the Hot Toys Mk42 for one of these. Thankfully the in-hand reviews came out before I pulled the trigger.

Quality issues aside, I love this design. I'm a big fan of Ashley Wood and I think this is a wonderful throwback to the classic 60's/70's Iron Man. I wouldn't pay $200 for it, but if the aftermarket value crashed due to the lukewarm reception it's enjoyed, I'd consider picking one up.

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 14.38.25.jpg

Back