3A: The Invincible Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost skipped the Hot Toys Mk42 for one of these. Thankfully the in-hand reviews came out before I pulled the trigger.

Quality issues aside, I love this design. I'm a big fan of Ashley Wood and I think this is a wonderful throwback to the classic 60's/70's Iron Man. I wouldn't pay $200 for it, but if the aftermarket value crashed due to the lukewarm reception it's enjoyed, I'd consider picking one up.

View attachment 156104
I contemplated picking it up for similar reasons too. It might at this rate, since some other 1/6th non-HT Iron Man figures have crashed such as the Super Alloy/Play Imaginative Mark VII

Started with a base uncle Milton arc reactor toy.
Sanded and painted metallic red. Then custom center section was made from stainless steel and acrylic. Then entire thing was given a 3a Style sponged paint job.

tmp_12167-f43c_iron_man_arc_reactor_lab-639559610.jpg

That's a sweet custom Jesse. A friend and fellow boardie here made his own custom arc reactor using an automotive part from a motorcycle :lol that's why I asked.

Great work!

Haha nice! A friend painted me a custom Iron Patriot a while ago; I'll take photos in a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back