3000 Han Solo's ???? Is that all!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, no one else is concerned that they're selling less figures?

I don't know about all the other licenses that SS has made 12" figures for in the past, how many of each Buffy or Highlander were available? If I remember, the LOTR figures had around 2500 total between the regular & exclusives. It will be interesting to see the edition size of the ANH Luke since there is obviosly more interest in that figure.

Oh and Homer, I think you meant to say "expect" rather than "except" several times.

We have 3000 Reg Hans and 1977 exclusive version? 4977 is not a crazy low run for a figure of just one Han. Anymore than that and they run the risk of oversaturation....

I think they are finding the right balance between too many and not enough figures. The market for 1/6 is not as robust as it once was... 4 or 5 years ago i think they could have made huge numbers, but there just aren't as many buyers it seems.

I think the price increase (across the board) for 1/6 figures has driven people away.

I think the price increase (across the board) for 1/6 figures has driven people away.

Yeah, the rising prices have definitely turned the 1/6 market into even more of a niche than it already was. The whole collectible figure market, big and small, just ain't what it used to be.

Going back to basic economics, collectibles are luxury goods - so they will be the hardest hit in hard times - so we are talking a decrease in demand in the current times. Combine that with increasing costs (both from variable costs increases affected by unfavourable exchange rates, input costs and spreading your fixed costs across a lower number of units reducing the benefits of economies of scale) and your equilibrium quanity will be lower.

Economics 101 is your friend.

In addition to that I think the intial demand was bolstered by people (scalpers) trying to cash in on the Star Wars name. Now that its obvious that SSC will produce enough figures to satisfy the REAL underlying demand you are seeing those excess figures come onto the market at a substantial discount as the holders realise their dreams of filthy lucre on the secondary market are disappearing.

I'm gonna collect it till it ends. Then I'm done when they're done. Whatever happens happens.

I just think sideshow figured that the first Han Solo didn't sell as fast or as much as they wanted it to, so to account for that they are making less Han Solo this time around regardless. I don't think its a sign of the line going down.

G.I. J.O.E.--"Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity"

A Real <strike>American</strike> International Hero!!!

I wonder what the edition sizes will be on the first few figures in that line...

What a Disgrace the fact that G.I.Joe is international now...All hail to the globalists and the Elite and the destruction of America's sovernty and the merging of the North American Union (United States,Canada and Mexico)
I love G.I.joe,especially as a kid, but that title is a joke!!!

What a Disgrace the fact that G.I.Joe is international now...All hail to the globalists and the Elite and the destruction of America's sovernty and the merging of the North American Union (United States,Canada and Mexico)
I love G.I.joe,especially as a kid, but that title is a joke!!!

Um.. you do realize it's being done so they can sell a MOVIE abroad because the US has virtually no positive buzz overseas so a movie about the US military wouldn't bring in international revenue right?

Um.. you do realize it's being done so they can sell a MOVIE abroad because the US has virtually no positive buzz overseas so a movie about the US military wouldn't bring in international revenue right?

Yeah, a movie about a Real American Hero would probably be as popular abroad as G.W. Bush's Presidential Action Rangers (TM)

Yes,I know what their doing...um but you do realize that its an attack on our nations sovernty? its mainly about GLOBALISM and if you research the facts you'll find that they want to end the United States of America and merge the U.S. with Canada and Mexica called the North American Union...this Global G I Joe film ,deep down, is to get people to accept globalism .....PERIOD!
Remembering something, in alot of Hollywood films,theres alot of truth in them and movies are used (along with Tv) to brainwash the masses and desensitive YOU and have them tell you what to believe and believe in.Until you put your "sunglasses on" you'll never know anything I am talking about.Everyday I see "mind controlled" Zombies and the the worshipping of their gods and people are far from the reality of whats really going on (Losing our liberties and freedoms) I know this probably isnt the place to talk about it,but I am tired of it and peoples ignorance.Have a good day!

Yes,I know what their doing...um but you do realize that its an attack on our nations sovernty? its mainly about GLOBALISM and if you research the facts you'll find that they want to end the United States of America and merge the U.S. with Canada and Mexica called the North American Union...this Global G I Joe film ,deep down, is to get people to accept globalism .....PERIOD!
Remembering something, in alot of Hollywood films,theres alot of truth in them and movies are used (along with Tv) to brainwash the masses and desensitive YOU and have them tell you what to believe and believe in.Until you put your "sunglasses on" you'll never know anything I am talking about.Everyday I see "mind controlled" Zombies and the the worshipping of their gods and people are far from the reality of whats really going on (Losing our liberties and freedoms) I know this probably isnt the place to talk about it,but I am tired of it and peoples ignorance.Have a good day!

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum. First problem is that parts of Canada are still under British Control if only in a ceremonial sense. There is a HUGE problem with parts of Canada speaking French and some people thinking that if you are part of the US you should only speak English. Basically this is never gonna happen and in 2 years of Poli Sci and International Politics courses I have never heard of such an insane notion.

ANYWAY back to Han Solo,
3000 is a perfect number for the regular edition as most people that are hardcore will go for exclusives. Those that don't like the exclusive or the price can go for one of the 3000 available from SS or their retail partners. I say keep the ed sizes right here.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum. First problem is that parts of Canada are still under British Control if only in a ceremonial sense. There is a HUGE problem with parts of Canada speaking French and some people thinking that if you are part of the US you should only speak English. Basically this is never gonna happen and in 2 years of Poli Sci and International Politics courses I have never heard of such an insane notion.

um ok keep laughing..there are documents of a plan to merge the 3 countries as one! The Media Tv wont tell you! anyways, keep drinking your flouride in your water because the government says its good for you! (Flouride is a literal poison and has no health benefits, Hitler used flouride to control his slaves in concentration camps so they would not resist tyranny) You say this stuff wont happen,but there are plans to do so...but it sounds like your ok with it drink up infadel!

Please refer me to these documents that you must have seen that says the US, Canada and Mexico want to merge. Second, fluoride is in toothpaste even which IS good for your teeth, unless you have access to accepted studies that say otherwise. And lastly... this is a forum for TOYS not for you to scream about your political beliefs.

*cough cough*

teemu, who's the they you refer to?

Memnoch21, what parts of my country are still under British Control if only in a ceremonial sense? Yes, we have the royal family as our official head of state-- but you've got the Bush family and the Clinton family that alternate on that one.:D By the way, Canada's official language is both English AND French--- just as our official sport is both hockey AND lacrosse.

(I love it when Americans talk about Canada...:rotfl)

Yea, the head of state thing is what I meant. They are there but don't really matter. (Sort of like the Clintons and Bushs if you've been following the elections of late :lol) I didn't, however, know about the duel official languages. Hell, didn't know lacrosse was you're official sport either :eek: (This may start this whole thing over again) But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Yea, the head of state thing is what I meant. They are there but don't really matter. (Sort of like the Clintons and Bushs if you've been following the elections of late :lol) I didn't, however, know about the duel official languages. Hell, didn't know lacrosse was you're official sport either :eek: (This may start this whole thing over again) But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Like I said, it's humorous to listen to Americans talk about Canada.:D

Hey, at least I admit I was wrong. I bet teemu would come back and still claim theres a plan to merge the 3 countries together and fluoride is slowly poisoning us all. :lol

Boy has THIS thread flown off the rails! :lol

Reads to me like somebody needs their tin-foil hat adjusted...reception's getting a little whack...:D

(I jest, I jest...)

HEY! My hat is just fine! *grumble grumble* :rotfl Actually I just realized it wouldn't be so bad if the US and Canada merged. We'd get health care for one thing... but then we'd also share responsibility for Shai. That's a toss up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back