3000 Han Solo's ???? Is that all!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made no secret of the fact I am not Sideshows biggest fan, and have always said, I cannot see this line going that far.

One reason price, the main reason selection of figures. Last year, there were heated discussions regarding some of the releases, that came to a head after the 3 Endor Troopers surfaced. There was just too much secondary characters being released, without any main stream characters.

It appears that Sideshow have gone in the total opposite direction since then, and announced, with the odd exception, main stream characters. Luke, Leia, Ben and Han from the original movie, along with more Luke's! Are they trying to get all they can out of this license, before it becomes unprofitable.

I am now worried by the edition number of just 3000 for a main character like the smuggler Han Solo. Does this suggest this line is coming to a close? You would expect a character like the original Han to be one of the biggest edtions to date, but less than most that have gone before, suggests to me they can't shift this stuff. THe Bespin Han is still filling warehouses around the world. What chance has some of the secondary characters got, if they only expect to sell 3000 Han's? Can this line continue with such small edition numbers, as I'm sure the license for Star Wars probably costs more than most others put together.

We will know more after Toy Fair, but I would except that at least this 12 inch line, is starting to draw to an end, and I very much doubt we will ever see a Vader or Troopers or anything other than simple human like characters, that can use Sideshow very very dated standard body.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Sideshow's arrogence in releasing a huge clump of no-bodies a while back, and removing a lot of completists, may finally be coming back to haunt them!

You worry to much. :lol

That cause GI Joe: ARAH is going to put a end to SW, just like it did in the 80's.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

What I'm seeing here is the most complete lack of logic in the history of logic. :lol Nothing but wild speculation and a fervent wish for validation of his perceived roll as Sideshow's personal Philistine.

My professional psychological analysis. :lecture

What I'm seeing here is the most complete lack of logic in the history of logic. :lol Nothing but wild speculation and a fervent wish for validation of his perceived roll as Sideshow's personal Philistine.

My professional psychological analysis. :lecture

I concurr Doctor. But I also stand by my earlier diagnosis.

1118064432.jpg

I am not sure how anyone would see a reduce edition size on Han and assume the end of the line is near.

I have also heard that SS is being more picky with their accnts that they sell figures to.....

What I immediatly saw with all of this is that Sideshow perceived as many of us did: secondary characters (and some main) flooding the market: Sideshow retailers reducing Boush Leias or Endor Soldiers down to $35 to sell out OR some chains that carry Sideshow, such as Hastings, just sat due to price or over-availability.

SO,

It seems that Sideshow is very much taking steps to make sure the line stays collectible AND as a result of that, people will start buying figures again. If I saw a $60 Han at Sideshow and $45 at one of the online retailers, there are many that sit there and say 'I'll wait for it to be even less expensive' and the whole 'spoiled collector' mentality comes into play. We all would love to get something for almost nothing and if I see every online retailer not selling their two Endor Figures, I may tell myself that if I wait a year, they may be 50-75% off the price, but then that BODES disaster from a Sideshow perspective.

Sideshow is finally being smart with this line - for a bit there, I saw these 6000-7000 numbers as corporate greed, so I applaud them for making my ANH Han collectible AND with the improved paint quality, I feel like I am getting something special (once again).

So, Homer, with all due respect, the line is no where near coming to an end with this improved-in-strategy marketing approach.

Well, sure. If you want to put it in layman's terms. :lol

Seriously, though, I can't find any reason in this guy's original post. :confused: Is it possible that someone could actually want the Star Wars 12" line to fail so badly that he would actually expend time and effort to look for reasons that is should?

I don't get it.

At any rate, Sideshow's been marketing this line quite nicely, thank you very much. If they released all of the core characters in the beginning, then where would they be able to go? As it stands, we have a ton of characters, both core and ancillary, yet to be realized. So I can't imagine that we'll be seeing the demise of their most profitable 12" figure line either today, tomorrow, next month, or even next year.

If you don't like the way they're doing things, you do have options. Quitting collecting, for one.

Seriously, though, I can't find any reason in this guy's original post. :confused: Is it possible that someone could actually want the Star Wars 12" line to fail so badly that he would actually expend time and effort to look for reasons that is should?

That is what it looks like. They want the license to revert back to Hasblo so they can have big hands and goofy smiles, or stick with Medicom and their endless $150 a pop Stormtroopercloneshelmetonly figures.

I have it on good authority that Sideshow IS in fact abandoning it's Star Wars license to focus on their more financially rewarding properties such as Reservoir Dogs and The Fly II. Sorry folks, it's been a nice run. :eek:

:clap :clap :clap

I have also gotten word, possibly from the same person that Andy has heard from, that Sideshow is re releasing the Highlander line:rock

One thing to factor in about 3000 figures is that its not the only version of Han, and there is likely to be at least one more (Hoth) and many collectors may only want one.

Thats exactly what I was going to say. There are going to be many, many, many Hans but they will never make another Plo Koon or Kit Fisto so having those editions a little bigger is a good idea.

3000 is a low number for a high end collectible? and what about the 1977 exclusives. Seems like alot of hans to me, there aint no way that sideshow would drop the 12inch star wars line, they love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back