3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25ccbb73e7fae30cca9169bf5ec5b9ba.jpg
5a99039ece0a902a51fe1f8567b63040.jpg
49e4ce6cbde4de6e107ab3371c022f67.jpg

I am addicted to buying these. But now I have my perfect set of them. Need to find one more Chewie. I used goo gone to peel off the stickers and the residue. These look as close to a mint set without stickers as I can get currently unless they release ones without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which version of goo gone may i ask?

I love those Dark Empire figure so much, especially those cut-out comic dioramas. Really creative packaging. Thrawn looks a bit like Matt Damon though. :lol

I managed to acquire another set of the Retro figures. I just went up and asked a girl working if she knew where they were or if they had any. Trick is use humor: I simply said "hey can I annoy you with a question that no 42 year old should ask?" She was super cool and found a full box in the back and did tell me that they indeed come up as "discontinued" so I walked out with a full set in the shipper. She asked if I was selling them and said "no see I'm also the 42 year old who is going to open the s@!t out of them so I can bask in their glory" Didnt mention I have a full set already but those will remain sealed [emoji23]
Doesn't hurt to ask your local target one more time before they disappear. Heard they would be released at more stores than Target this fall but I want to take no chances.
8c72c5a6d1bf351ad03203049327756c.jpg
c05ab437e564464642f4a1ea70ed7380.jpg
30eada85865a487ee89ad470b794a415.jpg
779a42941c51a055bd5842ea2e2f81c2.jpg
c93ea43b8a771273a993ee7f32b8109b.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good book or guide to collecting vintage kenner figures. I'm looking for a resource that lists the various variations and info regarding the classic line.

I love it. Tarkin looks great with the classic figs.

Having the classic figures in brand new in mint condition is something I never imagined and brings that childhood awe of pure love towards my favorite characters back in a way not even getting an HT can provide. I know you said how amazing it is to have all the figures you wanted in your basket and you don't have to pick which one to get. And yet being able to buy all of them with my own money doesn't take away from that feeling I am bringing a part of Star Wars home with me. It's a pure marketing gimmick and we are their target demographic. I will gladly give Disney my money just to feel this way again. Priceless.

I hope Hasbro makes the rest of the original 12. This has to be the easiest money for them to put in their pockets with no need for new molds. Can you imagine how cool it would be if they continue the core Empire characters for its 40th? Bespin Luke, Snowtroopers and AT AT drivers?! Arguably still the best Yoda figure? And of course the Bounty Hunters.... to be able to have a new carded Bossk figure (my favorite Empire figure along with the Wampa) would be some of the easiest money to make for Hasbro. Kids are not the ones buying anymore, we are and I am just stupid enough to get 2 of each figure they release. It's like asking Hasbro to rip me off!

wow, just scored a retro set myself. a very nice young lady helped me out after giving her the dpci#s. she looked in several places and finally came out with the box of them. she was awesome! love these figs. want more....:yess:7

Can anyone recommend a good book or guide to collecting vintage kenner figures. I'm looking for a resource that lists the various variations and info regarding the classic line.
I have this which has all the original figure and variants and then moves onto the POTF2 and PT lines. They may update it yearly as I've seen a 2009 edition.
75a76389816c2995a6cd7003bb2ace56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I managed to acquire another set of the Retro figures. I just went up and asked a girl working if she knew where they were or if they had any. Trick is use humor: I simply said "hey can I annoy you with a question that no 42 year old should ask?" She was super cool and found a full box in the back and did tell me that they indeed come up as "discontinued" so I walked out with a full set in the shipper. She asked if I was selling them and said "no see I'm also the 42 year old who is going to open the s@!t out of them so I can bask in their glory" Didnt mention I have a full set already but those will remain sealed [emoji23]
Doesn't hurt to ask your local target one more time before they disappear. Heard they would be released at more stores than Target this fall but I want to take no chances.
8c72c5a6d1bf351ad03203049327756c.jpg
c05ab437e564464642f4a1ea70ed7380.jpg
30eada85865a487ee89ad470b794a415.jpg
779a42941c51a055bd5842ea2e2f81c2.jpg
c93ea43b8a771273a993ee7f32b8109b.jpg

Nice score! I might have to ask someone for help too, would like a set to keep carded, or at least a Vader.

Dig your setup, I have mine on the same stands, love those! Question though, how on earth did you get Han's blaster to stay in his hand like that? I had to settle for resting it between his hip and hand.

Back