3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score! I might have to ask someone for help too, would like a set to keep carded, or at least a Vader.

Dig your setup, I have mine on the same stands, love those! Question though, how on earth did you get Han's blaster to stay in his hand like that? I had to settle for resting it between his hip and hand.

Basically Han held onto to it long enough for actual documentation that he will hold it...for 5 minutes max [emoji35][emoji35] seriously I finally thought I had it. Took that photo did some other things and then saw my cat batting around what I thought was a spider. Glad I found it at least before lost forever. Since I'm not ever going to get rid of these because once opened they are worthless I might just end up using something to bond it to his hand.
Stormtrooper and Chewies blasters would have the same problem if they weren't larger and you can find a position where it won't just fall out of their hands. So odd that the molds used are different enough that the hands no longer hold the weapons well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love those Dark Empire figure so much, especially those cut-out comic dioramas. Really creative packaging. Thrawn looks a bit like Matt Damon though. :lol

Speaking of Dark Empire :p Luke is next

6du52sd.jpg

Basically Han held onto to it long enough for actual documentation that he will hold it...for 5 minutes max [emoji35][emoji35] seriously I finally thought I had it. Took that photo did some other things and then saw my cat batting around what I thought was a spider. Glad I found it at least before lost forever. Since I'm not ever going to get rid of these because once opened they are worthless I might just end up using something to bond it to his hand.
Stormtrooper and Chewies blasters would have the same problem if they weren't larger and you can find a position where it won't just fall out of their hands. So odd that the molds used are different enough that the hands no longer hold the weapons well.

As you said I have no plans to sell these so I used super glue and it works beautifully. These are for loose display and my own enjoyment only.

If you didn’t want it to be permanent you could always use a speck of museum putty or blue tac to hold the weapons in their hands.

Ahh so it was a quick shot before Han squeezed the pistol out of his hand lol. Kind of a bummer that they dropped the ball so bad with the hand or weapon molds... did they think no one was going to open these? Still happy to have mine on the shelf, but come on Hasbro!

If you didn’t want it to be permanent you could always use a speck of museum putty or blue tac to hold the weapons in their hands.

I was thinking about trying that, and if I find some around the house I will. But the way Han's hand is molded, I'm not sure it would work. The issue is that his hand is molded too tight for the pistol grip, and he squeezes it out of his hand (different than the Stormy that had the blaster grip molded too small for his hand, so it just kinda falls out).

I meant I glued mine. Don’t mind since they’re repros and just for loose display.

Yep. I tried the blu tack but with even with the smallest amount used it seems to push his blaster out of his hand within a day. I'm just going to glue it and not worry about losing it as I did with all the accessories as a kid.

I agree about the potf2 figures. I used to think they were trash but I now find those roided proportions and lack of details charming. I wouldn’t want to buy anymore figures like that but I appreciate the unique style of the ones I have.

Apparently all the Exclusive SW figures Target used as Father's Day promo's are all 70% off. The TVC Han is only $3.89. I found the last one at my local Target. The card was a little creased but I picked it up anyway. Also apparently the Retro figures are also on clearance at $2.99. Now that is aggravating as hell as I've never seen them even once, but people online have been getting them.

The 6" Han Stormtrooper is only $5.99. My Target had like 30+ of him

Got my Rogue one stormies from Dorkside.

Best fig of a stormie ever, but the new Han in stormie gear is pretty great too - still love the 3.75 when they do great figs

Grabbed me one of the new Stormies too. Its really awesome! But I noticed its REALLY hard to find one (and this goes ESPECIALLY for the new Han too) with good, well aligned helmet deco. Almost every single one I've come across of both of those figures has had paint bleeding off the edges in an incredibly noticeable manner.

Also grabbed an old DE Comic Pack Luke :D

They go together real nicely lol

OEiq0TN.jpg

Grabbed me one of the new Stormies too. Its really awesome! But I noticed its REALLY hard to find one (and this goes ESPECIALLY for the new Han too) with good, well aligned helmet deco. Almost every single one I've come across of both of those figures has had paint bleeding off the edges in an incredibly noticeable manner.

Also grabbed an old DE Comic Pack Luke :D

They go together real nicely lol

OEiq0TN.jpg

Awesome photo man! :clap

Back