3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hung mine and now want to find all my favorite characters on vintage cards. These make a nice evolution for SW toys.
d62cae394c5708031fba221bf2fc1816.jpg
1c89b38f5acacb024e15b4b3a21e1c71.jpg
Removing the stickers was such a pain and I wish I knew the hair dryer trick before. Will use that with Tarkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a seriously awesome set of carded figures! Oh how I wish I stayed strong with the TVC line and kept them all carded..

Good to know. If I find another Han and Chewie I'll try that and then I'll just pop open the ones from the damaged cards and display them loose.

Good to know for me too! I found a Han and Chewie last night and failed miserably on taking the sticker off (I tried with goo gone). Totally ripped chewies card, so I just decided to open them.

Unfortunately, they're not the best figures loose. Not bad bad, but there are issues that weren't there with the OG's on mine at least. My Han absolutely will not hold his gun. The grip is too big and the pistol just pops right out of his hand anytime I try to put it in. Chewie can *kinda* hold his weapon, but his legs are slightly different heights making him stand a bit askew.

That said, still happy to have them. And the joy I got when I walked up and saw them on the shelf at retail was worth it!

That is a seriously awesome set of carded figures! Oh how I wish I stayed strong with the TVC line and kept them all carded..

Good to know for me too! I found a Han and Chewie last night and failed miserably on taking the sticker off (I tried with goo gone). Totally ripped chewies card, so I just decided to open them.

Unfortunately, they're not the best figures loose. Not bad bad, but there are issues that weren't there with the OG's on mine at least. My Han absolutely will not hold his gun. The grip is too big and the pistol just pops right out of his hand anytime I try to put it in. Chewie can *kinda* hold his weapon, but his legs are slightly different heights making him stand a bit askew.

That said, still happy to have them. And the joy I got when I walked up and saw them on the shelf at retail was worth it!

That's a bummer. These stickers seem to be a real curse. And even goo-gone didn't help? :slap Did you try a hair dryer? On real vintage Kenner fig cards, a gentle hair dryer was the first thing I would try on stcikers (price or offer,) then lighter fluid or goo gone. That seemed to get rid of maybe 3/4 of the stickers (occasionaly you'd get a ghost image of where the sticker was, or a teeny bit of print that lifted from the card) - on the rest the adhesive had hardened a bit, but those stickers were decades old. You'd think these new ones would be easy.:gah:

In a YT video review I saw the guy said the figures seem kinda high gloss. Chewy especially looked like he'd been hit with varnish. The other issue was that the detail is noticeably less than the original figures - the lack of detail on Luke's face vs the original 1978 fig was really pretty noticeable.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall Hasbro said that the new figures are slightly different sized vs the originals, yet in the video they didn't seem noticeably different in size,

I hung mine and now want to find all my favorite characters on vintage cards. These make a nice evolution for SW toys.
d62cae394c5708031fba221bf2fc1816.jpg
1c89b38f5acacb024e15b4b3a21e1c71.jpg
Removing the stickers was such a pain and I wish I knew the hair dryer trick before. Will use that with Tarkin.

That's a bummer. These stickers seem to be a real curse. And even goo-gone didn't help? :slap Did you try a hair dryer? On real vintage Kenner fig cards, a gentle hair dryer was the first thing I would try on stcikers (price or offer,) then lighter fluid or goo gone. That seemed to get rid of maybe 3/4 of the stickers (occasionaly you'd get a ghost image of where the sticker was, or a teeny bit of print that lifted from the card) - on the rest the adhesive had hardened a bit, but those stickers were decades old. You'd think these new ones would be easy.:gah:

In a YT video review I saw the guy said the figures seem kinda high gloss. Chewy especially looked like he'd been hit with varnish. The other issue was that the detail is noticeably less than the original figures - the lack of detail on Luke's face vs the original 1978 fig was really pretty noticeable.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall Hasbro said that the new figures are slightly different sized vs the originals, yet in the video they didn't seem noticeably different in size,

I didnt try the hair dryer, usually goo gone does the trick for me. It's worked on every single figure I've tried it on in the past. When I find more of these figures, I'll definitely try the hairdryer though.

These figures were meant to stay carded it seems. Im just hoping the Stormy doesnt have any issues as I was planning on getting a few of those to open up!

I think the guns are supposedly loose for the Stormies as well but not as loose as Han. To me these are primarily vintage display pieces anyway and totally scratch the itch of wanting to have classic carded figures on display without having to pay a premium.

For loose displays these figures should still be great for sitting in vehicles though since they're so minty and are indeed pretty much the same size as the originals.

Would love it if they trickled out barge versions of these to populate that vehicle. As for only doing figures that were never done before in the vintage line, that idea is crazy, Tali. Those figures are great sprinkled in but at the end of the day any SW line can only survive with heroes in there. Hope they keep the line going.

Can anyone that knows chime in with a list of Rogue One characters released in The Vintage Collection? I’ve started a side line of these already mostly troopers, thought it would be good to have a checklist.
Be great to have Chirrut, Krennic, Saw and Baze on Vintage style cards.

I think there's only 5 so far with the R1 header: Jyn , Cassian, Death Trooper, Tank Driver, and Shore Trooper
Thanks for the list, in addition there is an Imperial Stormtrooper just released and the Death Star Gunner not too far behind. Cheers!

Would love it if they trickled out barge versions of these to populate that vehicle. As for only doing figures that were never done before in the vintage line, that idea is crazy, Tali. Those figures are great sprinkled in but at the end of the day any SW line can only survive with heroes in there. Hope they keep the line going.

You may be right but I still think stuff like a retro Kenner-style Han stormie (small head) and Sandie - with "new" kenner style photo cards - would sell really well. Figs like that would be considered "heroes" (at least iconic) but I get that the key appeal is that they are RE-issues of classic figs/packaging.

That being said though, the appeal/popularity of those Re-Action retro figs (BTTF, Gremlins, Terminator etc) is the "what if" aspect which really piques people's interest - seeing something new in vintage style sculpt - and the strong sales of those seems to be what has inspired Hasbro here.

You may be right but I still think stuff like a retro Kenner-style Han stormie (small head) and Sandie - with "new" kenner style photo cards - would sell really well. Figs like that would be considered "heroes" (at least iconic) but I get that the key appeal is that they are RE-issues of classic figs/packaging.

That being said though, the appeal/popularity of those Re-Action retro figs (BTTF, Gremlins, Terminator etc) is the "what if" aspect which really piques people's interest - seeing something new in vintage style sculpt - and the strong sales of those seems to be what has inspired Hasbro here.

I would actually be way more interested in characters that haven't been done in the vintage style yet. Most of the vintage line is pretty affordable loose on ebay for those that have the patience to wait for deals. I love those re-action figures, it's like as if Kenner branched out into all my favorite franchises from the 80's. And now they're expanding even more into music, etc...

Don’t get me wrong I fully support new characters like Tarkin and the ones you mentioned, but the SA line has gone that route and it doesn’t seem like there are so many that the line could be sustained just with those. But Hantrooper and Sandtrooper are a good start. As would be Dr. Evazan, some other cantina folk, skiff weequay, vizam, Snowtrooper Luke.

Recently grabbed the SA Hantrooper.
a3162db210b865ad3c4500524eac6642.jpg

Picked up a second Retro Chewie today so that I can do the hair dryer trick and have a mint card. Grabbed a second Leia just for the hell of it, lol. I fear that I'll have a hard time passing on any of these I find. :lol

They actually did make Dr.Evazen in the Vintage Collection years ago. Really solid figure.

The-Vintage-Collection-Dr-Evazan_Big_2.jpg

Picked up a second Retro Chewie today so that I can do the hair dryer trick and have a mint card. Grabbed a second Leia just for the hell of it, lol. I fear that I'll have a hard time passing on any of these I find. :lol

I'm having the same problem...though now that the secret of the location of these is out both of my targets are sold out. But I check frequently. I have a second Han, Luke, Leia and Vader and now need to find a second Chewie and Stormtrooper. Just in case I need another for some reason I cannot fathom but seems like an absolute necessity [emoji23]

Any info on stands for these? Do the disc neca stands work?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Got my Jabba diorama in, really adds to the shelf.

445DC830-0F8A-4B01-8DF4-C360A5D9D5EB.jpeg

Love that it came in a vintage style box, felt like getting the original Jabba from Kenner as a kid.

The helmet that comes with Stormtrooper Han looks spot on to the 'Hero' helmet used in the film.

anh-hero-375.jpg

The 6" figures got stuck with this.

12012.jpg

Back