3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not concerned about getting one if I decide to get it. I can work around the US only thing. It is just a pain in the a$$ and I shouldn't have to.

Exactly. I can’t see this hitting 5000 backers from just US sellers alone. They really need us International fans to get in on this otherwise they’re just shooting themselves, and their fans in the feet.

Let's see how many people sign up over the next few months. I would be surprised if they can't get more than 5000 to sign up. They will need a lot more than 5000 because a lot of morons will sign up then drop out when it's time to pay up.

As much r&d they have done, the promotional stuff on the website, the enthusiasm of the designers (supposed enthusiasm :wink1:) how does this not get built? They already sank quite a bit of money into this and for this not to get built unless 5,000 us deposits are made & closed to international buyers is just far beyond ridiculous.

There are so many companies that ship stuff overseas that are bigger and/or with more weight but for Hasbro, a billion dollar toy company, that should be an issue? I think the reason is more that Hasbro is like a slow giant. Distribution, especially in Europe, is something Hasbro simply didn't cared for for a very long time and that takes its toll now, going as far as Hasbro being too incompetent to make an international crowd funding project (without any hassle with customs for everyone not living in the US). They need to get a grip rather sooner than later. The declining sales are a shot across the bow.

I'm slow. I only today realized that they built and displayed a physical prototype. Yesterday I only saw the renders.

It's actually a little smaller than I thought. An accurately sized Desert Skiff would pretty much have to have the same amount of floor space (room for figures) as the top deck of the Sailbarge.

banthaskull.com has some really great photos of the Sail Barge. :drool

https://www.banthaskull.com/story/news_first_images_from_the_floor

Thanks for posting! :rock

What's the significance of the Rancor on the wall?

nytf18_19.jpg

I was curious as to whether such a decoration existed in the movie or if it was supposed to be the grossly undersized remains of the real one or something, lol.

I saw this in a thread on rebelscum - I don't know if this is an official press release picture by Hasbro or if this is a personalized mock-up by the guy who posted it but wtf.....

ToyFair2018WantList.jpg

Why are there OT items listed under ''Solo'', non-OT things under ''Vintage''. What scale are these things? The Star Wars brand is so hard to follow these days, a cluster***k of ridiculous non-organisation.

Probably yeah, I've only just noticed where it says 'want list' - Hasbro wouldn't put that out.

Even still, I've been saying this for years now, I don't even know what to look for anymore with the Star Wars toys. Things got massively confusing when they started doing 6''. To see pictures of those figures they don't look all that different from 3.75'' without a comparison in the same shot. Oftentimes I'd get unduly excited when I saw a figure that turned out to be a 6 incher. There was no way I was going to restart the whole collection in another scale. I'd been collecting the 3.75'' since 1995.

Why are there OT items listed under ''Solo'',

Because they always repack figures from older movies when a new film comes out. Just like they had Jyn Erso, Bespin Luke, and others in TLJ packaging this year. Heck even Kenner released figures like Jawas and Greedo on ESB and ROTJ cards.

non-OT things under ''Vintage''.

Because half the point of "The Vintage Collection" is to release figures from newer movies on vintage-style Kenner cardbacks. They've been doing that since 2012 when PT and TCW figures came out on Kenner cards.

What scale are these things?

3.75 inch for Solo and TVC, 6 inch for TBS.

The Star Wars brand is so hard to follow these days, a cluster***k of ridiculous non-organisation.

I think you're just still in shock that the Sail Barge isn't being offered to International customers and are looking for a place to put it. I've seen it before. ;)

Last edited:
Imagine the shipping on a 6 foot tall box. The foreigners will beg to be included then start a mass cry fest when the shipping alone is $500.

Personally I would rather have Hasbro concentrate their time and effort in a Jabba’s Throne Room and Cantina Environment playset. I know I would have more interest in that as I have so many Cantina / Jabba Aliens in a box waiting to be displayed in some sort of Diorama!!

Im sure over 50% of the Sail Barge design will be using Creative license not shown in the actual movie. I don’t want to spend $500 on creative license!

Imagine the shipping on a 6 foot tall box. The foreigners will beg to be included then start a mass cry fest when the shipping alone is $500.

It might cost that if every Sailbarge they produce has to be shipped to the US first and then back to Europe. But supposing the US didn't have to be the main (or only) distribution hub...there could be cheaper ways to go about this. If there isn't, then a bunch of internationals don't order it - some still will and will they not count toward the 5000 order requirement?

I'm trying to understand why the need to be sneery about this.

Back