3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Yeah 3.75 has a LOT of catching up to do in terms of the figure quality of 6 inch. My 3.75 focus is only things that interact with ships or what might not hit 6 inch for a long time. 3.75 has so much variety but most of it is very outdated. Even many of the most recent figures.

Literally hundreds of figures that aren’t outdated.

3.75” is still the best line simply for the variety.

ooooh post a pic!

Here she is
71a8a7594fa2bf64f2e2674c06f1921d.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-hidden...missile launchers where they make some sense at least - but I'd prefer accurate non-firing gun tips.

That Smuggler's Run Falcon looks beautiful by the way. Curse them for not painting the Legacy Collection version that way.

First thing i?m doing with my BS Snow Speeder when it arrives next week is painting the gun tips to look like hollow tubes.

Hate fake looking gun barrels on toys.

^again, plastic cape Vader ftw

Gonna throw another question at you guys.

Do you keep your opened SW figure boxes? If no - not even the Vintage style ones?

I've spent the last week trying to make space in the attic and had 3 boxes of empty Vintage style, OTC and TSC - the types that I deemed the most attractive. I had already long ago tossed everything else. But now I'm debating why I even need to keep these - many of them are actually in good condition, even opened, which makes me slightly hesitant. It just seems a shame to throw something out that visually looks good.

But the fact is they will probably always just stay in the attic.

Way too many loose figures in the collection to keep boxes/blisters. Got rid of all of those when i finally got to properly display the collection about a decade ago. Kept all vintage style figures carded and displayed that way though.

^again, plastic cape Vader ftw

Gonna throw another question at you guys.

Do you keep your opened SW figure boxes? If no - not even the Vintage style ones?

I've spent the last week trying to make space in the attic and had 3 boxes of empty Vintage style, OTC and TSC - the types that I deemed the most attractive. I had already long ago tossed everything else. But now I'm debating why I even need to keep these - many of them are actually in good condition, even opened, which makes me slightly hesitant. It just seems a shame to throw something out that visually looks good.

But the fact is they will probably always just stay in the attic.

Cardboard attracts bugs and is also garbage so no lol. Questions like this, and I'm not directing this at you at all, always remind me that collecting is right on the cusp of hoarding and it can be so easy to cross that line without realizing it. Throw them up on ebay and see if anyone bites or throw em out.

No, thanks for your input. It is hoarding.

Sounds to me that's two votes for throwing them out.

Three. I understand for high end stuff (within reason) but the return on mass market stuff is too low relative to what it costs you in space and dust and general peace of mind and serenity, to keep and *guard* a bunch of cardboard you don't even display.

Burn it all. :lecture

(Or you know, recycle it.)

Three. I understand for high end stuff (within reason) but the return on mass market stuff is too low relative to what it costs you in space and dust and general peace of mind and serenity, to keep and *guard* a bunch of cardboard you don't even display.

Yeah that's where I'm at now. I'm never gonna hang figure boxes on walls like I used to do. And even if I were inclined to reunite figures with boxes to sell them it wouldn't add to the value enough - if at all, considering it's all been opened - it'd sure add to shipping costs though.

Very good. Thanks guys.

I will get the Smuggler's Run Falcon if I can. The paintjob looks too good and would be more in keeping with the recent Slave One and Luke X-wing that I have. Of course it would mean adding the Legacy Collection Falcon to the huge list of toys I need to get rid of.

sorry if this is in the wrong thread...
Just looking on some sort of starting point on selling off some of my collection. currently in the process of writing down ( and at some point photographing) what i have, starting off with the MOC's ..
Alot of the stuff is from the 30th anniversary ,saga legends, Mcquarrie concept lines.. as far as i can remember i have complete lines.
as well as a exclusives,SDCC's mail away figures POTF , etc etc etc
Any and all help would be appreciative
Thanks

Back