'24' to return on FOX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good news

24.gif

That's true ... though we never saw a corpse. Just a big explosion.

They apparently asked Donald Sutherland if he'd play the part, but Donald said he'd only do it if it were an Indiana/Henry Jones type thing. He wouldn't play a villain.

SnakeDoc

I totally forgot about Jack's dad. He was played by James Cromwell in the end wasn't he?

Damn I need to watch this show again.

Yeah, but daddy's-a-bad-guy season is by far the worst of the whole show. I try to forget about this one.

As for the others, 24 had its ups and downs, but it still is the best series (with the X files in my pantheon) for me.

Eh. The first season was written as if it may be canceled after 13 episodes ... so the storyline was intended to be capable of wrapping -up then. No reason they can't do that again. They've talked about trying to get away from the real-time thing in the movie ... maybe they're thinking something similar.

Anyway, I figure they may be doing a 'limited' run as a test ... and, if it takes off again, do another full run. Almost like another pilot season.

SnakeDoc

I don't guess Kiefer has anything better to do if they were to pick it up for more episodes, considering he was in some other lame looking drama show recently. Maybe Lost Boys 2, or Young Guns 3?

Its official ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/24-returning-fox-as-event-521653

24 back in 12-episode mini-series -- called "24: Live Another Day" -- starting in May 2014. Sutherland has signed. Gordon has signed. The 12 episodes will cover 24-hours -- though I'm not clear on whether they're actual real-time two-hour episodes or one-hour episodes covering two-hours of real time.

Either way, I'm fine with it. Reducing 24 to a cable-season rather than a network-season might be a godsend ... more planning time, lower cost, fewer plot hiccups to fill the time. I hope it does so well that they want to do another 12 in 2015.

A remarkable resurrection. In less than a week.

EDIT:
"We’ll still go in chronological order, but we will skip hours," said [Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin] Reilly. "It will be dictated by the plot.” Details are still coming together, but expect some high-wattage stars for the rebooted 24: "We’re getting just about a Who’s Who of Hollywood wanting to participate in this," Reilly said. And it's possible that this reboot, given what Reilly calls its "franchise-ability," could spur further sequels down the line. "There could be sequels," said Reilly. "I don’t know if it could be yearly," but possibly 18 or 24 months later, should it score with viewers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/artic...nes-and-comedies-on-fridays-in-midseason.html

So maybe I was wrong about the 12-episodes covering 24-hours evenly. Seems they may keep the real-time, and skip hours here and there. Might be a direct translation of the planned movie.

Still ... "there could be sequels." Even better.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Anybody know where this image is from ...

051313_KieferSutherland.jpg

? Saw it attached to a story about 24 coming back. I don't think its a 24 picture, though. Doesn't look familiar. Sutherland looks too old, and he never carried an HK P30 (the gun he's holding) during 24. Is it from Touch?

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back