24...duh duh....duh duh...duh duh....(spoilers!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those great shows seem to keep my life in motion...

They give me things to look forward to through the week.

Monday=Prison Break, 24
Tuesday = BOWLING NIGHT (leauge)
Wednesday = Lost
Thursday = The Office, BOWLING NIGHT (for fun)
Friday = Friday
Saturday = Saturday
Sunday = HBO shows (Rome, Sopranos, Entourage, Deadwood)

I know it sounds lame but sometimes its what keeps me going. :D

I do:

Monday: 24
Tuesday: To Catch A Predator ("why don't you have a seat, sir...")
Wednesday: Rome (catch it on demand, at my leisure)
Thursday: The Office (optional)

Fri - Sun: free

gabberjawa said:
Tuesday: To Catch A Predator ("why don't you have a seat, sir...")

:rock I can't get enough of that show ... is that a bad thing!? :google

I think this season is strong, but after season five anything was bound to be slightly dissappointing.

UHHHHH, was it good night. Right when former president logan answered jack's call, i wa on the edge of my seat. can't wait until next week.

I am sad to say that I am totally over 24...

The story and characters are good this year but I simply feel that the show has lost its shock value. I was completely bored through tonight's episode. Jack has done it all and seen it all and so has the audience.

I watch the show every week with 4 other 24 fans and they seem to be losing intrest as well. (Not as much as me though)

Giant Chicken said:
I am sad to say that I am totally over 24...

The story and characters are good this year but I simply feel that the show has lost its shock value. I was completely bored through tonight's episode. Jack has done it all and seen it all and so has the audience.

I watch the show every week with 4 other 24 fans and they seem to be losing intrest as well. (Not as much as me though)

Jack Bauer should hunt you down for those words. :chew :chew I can see your points, how many times does jack go around yelling, screaming things like "millions of lives are at stake", and shooting the bad guys. If you think of the show, not in an individual episode viewpoint, but on the whole season/day viewpoint the show doesn't get boring. I personally loved the angle with jack's family entering the picture. bringing some more depth to jack's character which the season has sorely lacked (i'm forgetting his daughter and her cougar problem).

Don't get me wrong... I am grateful for 24. I have seen the show from the beginning. I am just not as into the plots without my favorite faces... Tony, David Palmer, Chase, and George Mason ect. Jack is basically the only man standing from the original pilot episode.

If I were a fan who jumped on the 24 bandwagon in the 4th, 5th, or 6th seasons I would be loving it right now. I feel that over the past six years the writers are forced to reuse material.

We also need to be forgiving of Terri's memory loss, Chloe's babysitting, and Erin's mentally ill daughter.

I still LOVE it. The last two episodes have been some of the best ever.

Nice, a bearded Logan! :rock

It is hard to compare this season with the last however, it was just so good. :cool:

Bringing back Logan is a masterstroke - I can't wait to see what they do with him. I also like Peter Macnicol's character - he's a slimy little bastard, but seems to try to do the right thing.

Anyone catch the recent New Yorker article about how young military officers are believing that torture works thanks to Jack?

Also I never knew that stuff about the showrunner Surnow - he wants to make a film where Joseph McCarthy is a hero, cause that's what he actually believes.

I was once again unimpressed with this weeks episode...

This week consisted of ...

1)Morris/Chloe CTU drama (lame - Some form of this is in EVERY season)
2)The white house "removing" the Pres. so that the VP can take over (Already done in season 2)
3)Palmer loyalist locked in a room keeping him from warning the Pres. (Already done in season 2)
4) Jack reuniting with a former enemy and is now working side by side with him (Already done in season 3)

Maybe I should stop my whinning and give up the show already...

OK, I just have to chime in here. In January I started watching 24 for the first time. I obviously started with Day 1. For the past two months I've watched all 5 days and now I've seen the first 6 episodes of day 6. Just a few more to go and I'm caught up! So needless to say I haven't read past page 3 or so of this thread to stay as spoiler free as long as I have. :lol

I must say this season opener was great. I loved that Hannibal/Vampire kill in the first episode. The funny thing is I never even think about Sideshow during 24 (except thinking how cool a Sideshow Bauer would be) so when the nuke went off that didn't come to my mind. I HAVE thought "what if" there was a 24 season where a highly contagious virus was released on the Saturday day of SDCC! :eek: That could cause some serious damage!

So for now, I won't pop back in until I fully catch up... which will likely be this weekend :lol

Have to agree with others here. I don't know if it's post-season 5 blues, but this season seems to be lacking something. The whole Jack's dad aspect just didn't cut it with me, and I wish they'd have kept his brother alive and still dealing in death. I prefered the whole 'secret rulers of the world' vibe they had with him in season 5 - a little disappointed they squandered it so quickly this time around. I just hope something major and unforeseen happens soon. I mean, the season opening was fantastic but since then it's just been dragging along IMO.

I'm still having a hard time accepting Wayne as President. And I agree that Jack's brother's character was wasted and used up far too soon. So much of what we have seen this season is recycled from previous years. Things started off interestingly with an insecure Jack second guessing himself, but they seem to have gotten right back into the routine fairly quickly. I just thought that the whole setup with China and his abduction was a big cliffhanger that built up to nothing. There was no purpose or big payoff. I was expecting a really "out of the box" season, perhaps with Jack on the loose in China working solo all season while in contact with CTU only by phone. Instead we are back to business as usual, with season two's political maneuvering and nuclear threats in particular being dusted off and put back out there as something fresh. I'm still watching and enjoying it for what it is, but after last year's finale, I was expecting this season to be something really extraordinary and groundbreaking. If Morris keeps feeling guilty and goes on to redeem himself by sacrificing himself when one of the nukes can't be disarmed, I might just pop in the DVD of season two where George Mason did the same thing.

It is very hard to compare with how good seasons four and five were, the CTU drama is what bothers me most of all.

It would appear that Jack is headed for the "Chinese" scenario yet again, he is about to storm the Russian embassy and cut off a few of Denethor's fingers! :horror

LOTRFan said:
It is very hard to compare with how good seasons four and five were, the CTU drama is what bothers me most of all.

It would appear that Jack is headed for the "Chinese" scenario yet again, he is about to storm the Russian embassy and cut off a few of Denethor's fingers! :horror

Yea, poor denethor, just cant catch a break. I have no problem with him being Jack Baured. You would think that after all this, people would believe him and trust but, but alas, they don't. I think Jack needs to go to the president, yell "THOUSANDS OF LIVES ARE AT STAKE" and then torture him jack bauer style...

OK, just finally caught up! What a ride! :lol

This season had an incrediable opening, but now it does seem to be recyling a bit too much from past seasons. But afterall, how many "major" terrorist threats can they come up with? The only thing they haven't done yet is have a hijacked plane run into a big building - and they haven't done that for obvious reasons. I just wish they would have different terrorists besides the Russians and Middle Easterns.

It was too bad that Donald couldn't play Jack's Dad, but Cromwell is doing great. Getting sick of Chole and Morris though. Logan sure is differnt this season. All, in all, I can't wait to see where this season is going to go. My mother keeps thinking that Josh Bauer will end up being Jack's son instead of his brother's.

So the big current question is will Palmer live and how many fingers will the Russian guy lose?

I thought Karen was going to show up in L.A. tonight after resigning several hours ago. Hasn't she been gone long enough to have made the flight back? That surprised me.

Poor Denethor and his little finger...

This episode was so-so, but I am really looking forward to seeing Martha Logan next week, and was happy to see that she has apparently hooked up with Aaron Pierce after all.

Remember that other season where the President was injured and the V.P. took over? This episode kind of reminded me of that.

Just a little...

Back