24...duh duh....duh duh...duh duh....(spoilers!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hoping that the dad who had to deliver the package wouldn't get shot.

Actually I thought I saw him get hit in the first exchange of the raid? They shot him and THEN blew him up...

Darklord Dave said:
Actually I thought I saw him get hit in the first exchange of the raid? They shot him and THEN blew him up...

Like you thought there was no Kurgan armor made? :lol :lol :lol

Dave, I do believe your memory is exhibiting the first signs of alzheimers. :rotfl

dekadentdave said:
Like you thought there was no Kurgan armor made? :lol :lol :lol

Dave, I do believe your memory is exhibiting the first signs of alzheimers. :rotfl

To you earlier post, It's funny, my friends and I all called Curtis Black Bauer. :rotfl :rotfl And for the alzheimers, the only cure is

MTG_MoreCowbell.jpg

Darklord Dave said:

The "dad/family" part of the show so far has been easily the weakest ... who wouldn't call the cops, FBI, or the like!? The country is on it's highest alert, of course any threat would be taken very seriously.

That somewhat bothered me. :maul

How'd the 24 thread fall to page 7?

So - who's more evil - Osama bin Laden or Jack's dad?

That'll do Graem!

tomandshell said:
I really didn't want Jack's dad to be a villain.

But that is going to make this season really personal for him.

:cool:

Yea, I think that is the main plot point of the season for jack. He doesn't want to join CTU, then he does and finds out that his family is responsible for everything. talk about a crappy way to come back.

I wish Jacks brother had been introduced (as his brother) earlier. Everything with Jacks brother and dad was so predictable and it happened so fast that I don't really care. I feel that 24 has definatley lost its edge. They have run out of characters to kill and now they have to introduce new characters every other episode so that they can be killed as well.

Giant Chicken said:
I wish Jacks brother had been introduced (as his brother) earlier. Everything with Jacks brother and dad was so predictable and it happened so fast that I don't really care. I feel that 24 has definatley lost its edge. They have run out of characters to kill and now they have to introduce new characters every other episode so that they can be killed as well.

Well, I thought it was a HUGE suprise to find out that one of villans from last season ended up being Jack's brother. I thought that was great.

congerking said:
Well, I thought it was a HUGE suprise to find out that one of villans from last season ended up being Jack's brother. I thought that was great.

Ya, From that aspect it was cool, but ... They should have kept the brother around for longer than 4 episodes!

Also, I understand why Jacks Dad killed the brother but it is still hard to believe that a father could kill their son so easily. The father also tried to blow up Jack in the empty house. Who kills both of their sons in just 3 hours??

Giant Chicken said:
Ya, From that aspect it was cool, but ... They should have kept the brother around for longer than 4 episodes!

Also, I understand why Jacks Dad killed the brother but it is still hard to believe that a father could kill their son so easily. The father also tried to blow up Jack in the empty house. Who kills both of their sons in just 3 hours??

...and possibly kill their grandson as well

This family plot device is really not 24ish to me, don't know why they plugged it in but it took me away from the vibe. I heard Kiefer hung around all summer when the writers were plotting, wouldn't be surprised if He had something to do with it, but it doesn't work for me, especially springing Paul McCrane as Jack's brother... no, never blindside the audience with stuff like that, that was obviously conceived recently... and if Jack was to have a Dad I REALLY WISH IT WAS HIS DAD Donald... probably asked and rejected...

But this weeks 2-parter really got things back on track IMO.

pjam said:
This family plot device is really not 24ish to me, don't know why they plugged it in but it took me away from the vibe. I heard Kiefer hung around all summer when the writers were plotting, wouldn't be surprised if He had something to do with it, but it doesn't work for me, especially springing Paul McCrane as Jack's brother... no, never blindside the audience with stuff like that, that was obviously conceived recently... and if Jack was to have a Dad I REALLY WISH IT WAS HIS DAD Donald... probably asked and rejected...

But this weeks 2-parter really got things back on track IMO.
I think i read somewhere that Donald was asked but was busy.

Correct,

Donald could have done it but rejected the offer.

Oh well.

That said, 24 is still 24 and awesome as usual.

Monday is the best day of the week for me. :)

Nonstop, edge of your seat action. Love it.

Yea, I have to say I'd never thought Monday would be the best night of TV. How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, 24, Heroes, Studio 60...

Darklord Dave said:
Yea, I have to say I'd never thought Monday would be the best night of TV. How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, 24, Heroes, Studio 60...
:rock:rock:rock

Back