2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have to wait before posting anymore polls around here, I’ve made some pretty bad ones :lol

:lol

Well, someone ought to. I wonder which Freak is the best prognosticator? :D

I was pretty certain Cumberbatch would win the Best Actor Oscar, but following the GG, he and Redmayne may wind up splitting the vote, with Keaton winning it.

Julianne Moore probably wins it, finally. I met her once. It was a disaster. :lol

I loved Birdman, but I don’t think Keaton deserves a win. Cumberbatch or Redmayne should win it.

How did Selma get in there?
Not even out yet
Unbroken should be there instead
For best movie

What people should be nominated based on their race? :ohbfrank:

People have won it based on their race, so why not?

The Lego Movie not getting a nomination? WTF? I didn't love it like I've loved some animations, but I rated it better than Dragons 2.

Surprised Lego didn't get nominated for an Oscar nor for a Globe. Dragons 2 is like every other CG flick these days. Nothing particularly impressive. At least the Lego is something different.

I didn't enjoy the characterisation in Dragons 2 - Valka was just downright creepy - and it was visually overwrought. It was a very competent movie, but I can't think of anything that made it outstanding.

Sharpton is just using this as an excuse to shake down Hollywood for cash. He has to pay off the 4.2 million in back taxes he owns the IRS somehow. The fact that this crook is called a civil rights leader must have MLK rolling in his grave, bless his soul.

I saw Selma. IMO it was a good movie ( a little loose with the facts) but not the best picture. I predict Selma will now win Best picture. Because the cowards in Hollywood will be guilted into voting for it so they can show everyone they are not racist. Sad!

Surprised Lego didn't get nominated for an Oscar nor for a Globe. Dragons 2 is like every other CG flick these days. Nothing particularly impressive. At least the Lego is something different.

Just to clarify, The LEGO Movie was nominated for a Golden Globe, it just didn't win. I was also surprised it didn't get an Oscar nomination.

I disagree about Dragons 2 though, what makes it stand out is the great writing, acting and directing. I WISH most animated films were as good as Dragons is.

Sharpton is just using this as an excuse to shake down Hollywood for cash. He has to pay off the 4.2 million in back taxes he owns the IRS somehow. The fact that this crook is called a civil rights leader must have MLK rolling in his grave, bless his soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57lotnKGF8

I saw Selma. IMO it was a good movie ( a little loose with the facts) but not the best picture. I predict Selma will now win Best picture. Because the cowards in Hollywood will be guilted into voting for it so they can show everyone they are not racist. Sad!

Pretty much.

Channing Tatum snubbed!

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Back