2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, almost everyone nominated wasn't Oscar good this year.

I'm glad for BOTFA's Sound Editing nod. It obviously won't win but at least it'll never be a movie that got zero nominations and puts it above the ranks of all the "shutouts" like Catching Fire and so forth. Every single movie that got nominated for any category (even the Technical ones) is a "respected" film, so BOTFA is in good company by being on the list.

I'm surprised Birdman didn't get Editing too. The flow and transitions of the film were flawless. Out of all of them it was the most ballyhooed for it's one long shot tricks.

I'm surprised Birdman didn't get Editing too. The flow and transitions of the film were flawless. Out of all of them it was the most ballyhooed for it's one long shot tricks.

The editing and directing are the best part of the movie, definitely shocked it didn't get nominated for editing.

Boyhood had great transitions from scene to scene too. The age progression of the actors was always natural through that 12 year period.

Still have to catch Boyhood, that along with Selma are the only movies I haven't seen on the list.

Is Khev or anyone else planning on doing an Oscar Picks Poll, say, for the 10 biggest categories? People don't want to see my name attached to yet another poll thread. :lol

Is Khev or anyone else planning on doing an Oscar Picks Poll, say, for the 10 biggest categories? People don't want to see my name attached to yet another poll thread. :lol

I say go for it, poll threads are great and underrated around here.

Back