Oscar Nominations 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really???

Ummm... well, it's not like Oscar was unbiased for the last 5 years or so.

While I think the movie overall is pretty bad I agree that Hanks did a phenominal job and deserved to be nominated at least.

I think I gave it an 8/10. I thought it was very good, not incredible.

12 Years a Slave should take almost all the awards in my opinion. The best movie I saw in 2013.

Once again, if you had a picture in the first 6 months of the year you're pretty much forgotten about. I'm so over the Oscars. I won't be watching this. BLAH!

Once again, if you had a picture in the first 6 months of the year you're pretty much forgotten about. I'm so over the Oscars. I won't be watching this. BLAH!

What movie are you upset about not being represented in the nominations?

Mud would be the only movie I can think of that's not been recognised at all.

Potentially should have been nominated for;

Best picture
Best director
Best actor
Best supporting actor
Best original screenplay

What movie are you upset about not being represented in the nominations?

I can't say that I am about any really. It just seems the last few years the closer to the end of the year, the more apt you are to get a nomination. Just seems the same kind of movies are nominated ever year. I don't understand what makes some of them so great that they deserve it.

All the most prestigious movies that the studios feel are award worthy have always been released at the years end

Shame Leo wont for best win for best actor.

I almost want him to win it just so he can get over his Oscar hunt. I'm frankly sick of him only doing Oscar nominated type of roles. You can tell how bad he wants one and he'll keep doing the same kind of work until he gets one :lol

All the most prestigious movies that the studios feel are award worthy have always been released at the years end

True, every once in a while one sneaks through from the first half of the year, but it has to be something that really resonates with the audience, like Silence of the Lambs. That movie came out in February and managed to stay in peoples minds for the whole year, it was also an underdog considering it was not the type of movie normally considered Oscar Fodder.

Well, I've now seen Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club from the Best Picture list. So far I think I'd give most of the big awards to DBC, Picture, actor and supporting actor. Didn't even know I was watching Jared Leto till I looked back at the nominations list in this thread. And McConnaughy was excellent, almost unrecogniseable himself but for the fact he's too mainstream not to know its him.

Back