2012 Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw it today. Great effects, cheesy acting (as you would expect from Emmerich movies) and the story dragged on some times (also what you would expect from Emmerich movies). A pretty good movie.

6.5/10

I'm gonna see this tonight.

Reading the comments so far on this page, it sounds exactly what I was thinking it would be: Great effects... :lol

I thought it was quite good! It's so easy to be cynical and pessimistic about films like this, but I really enjoyed this over other disaster films like The Day After Tomorrow or Independence Day. Maybe it's because I preferred the actors in this film over the previous films (always liked Cusack and Chiwetel Ejiofor). The last 1/3 of the film dragged a bit long though.

I put my brain on hibernate mode and stared at all the pretty effects -- it was worth $7.50 (matinee price).

The only Emmerich film that I really, really liked was ID 4, and that was almost completely because of Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum. This one has some mindblowing effects, and some incredible (as in not to be believed they are so improbable) escapes. The acting was okay, although it was tough to understand the Russian at times.

But there's some real cheesy melodrama and some atrocious dialogue. But it's worth it just to see the destruction.

watched the movie yesterday and it's good..not something perfect but it's interested..:naughty:naughty

Back