2012 Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notice how he destroys the White House (again) at the end of the trailer? Just like in Independence Day. :D

The trailer looks pretty intense... and dammit... I am tired of all of the trailers lately with cataclysmic events happening to Navy Carriers, that's the crap I used to have nightmares about when I was aboard ship. :lol

The bad thing about this movie is that it will cause my Wife to be even more adamant about 2012 being the end or something huge, and I will have to deal with it until that date comes.

My personal opinion... the whole universe alignment thing that the Maya thought would end the world, it happens every so many thousand years. Humanity has seen it before, we just were very primitive last time. So if we survived then, we will survive now. And if it were true, and the world would suddenly shift violently and change poles... there would be tangible evidence of it happening. And there isn't. The poles have shifted slightly, but slowly over time and not drastically. And that is over millions of years.

I'm more worried about 2029 and 2036 when 99942 Apophis first passes close and then full on strikes us in 2036. It's huge, and REAL... and if it hit would be equal to 1,480 megatons of TNT. It is projected to hit either Southern Russia, somewhere in the Pacific or Central America, and yeah... it would be a really really bad day for humanity. :lol

I'm more worried about 2029 and 2036 when 99942 Apophis first passes close and then full on strikes us in 2036. It's huge, and REAL... and if it hit would be equal to 1,480 megatons of TNT. It is projected to hit either Southern Russia, somewhere in the Pacific or Central America, and yeah... it would be a really really bad day for humanity. :lol

Doesn't that thing have a hit chance of 1 in 45.000 or something like that for 2036?
It has to pass through a specific gravity field or something like that for the impact to happen.

At least that's what I last heard about it... :dunno

Anyway, they could get a bunch of oil-rig drillers up there to destroy it... :D

Watched the 1st trailer, looks pretty much to be a generic disaster movie. Hope to be proved wrong, as there are both positive and negative ideas about what could happen on the date. Seeing as the Mayan calendar/2012, has been brought into the new agist's belief system, it would be good if the film addresses the themes new agists propose for the date - such as (previously mentioned) the shift in global conciousness, or supposed DNA evoluition that is to take place, or from what I gather when alien full disclosure it set to happen, amongst many other ideas that are around. It could be a great film ..but I just dont see if happening, given the monk getting flooded scene ..hitting a bell on top of the Himalayas as a warning, 10 seconds before getting tsunami'd doesnt seem very logical lol.

New trailer - it's too bad they didn't spend any money on this, it could have been a real spectacle of a film...

:angelsmil

Check this parody trailer!!
Amazing!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZW2qxFkcLM0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZW2qxFkcLM0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Saw a trailer for this w/Harry Potter. I had never even heard of this film but when the preview started I said to myself..."An End of the world film...sounds like a movie they guys from ID4 would do." and then 30 seconds later their names pop up :lol

They sure like their over the top action/special effects films!

This trailer gave me chills today when I saw it with Harry Potter! The whole point of the movie is total BS but the effects and some of the plot seem to be amazing!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iX6cfzDpd_o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iX6cfzDpd_o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:lol

:lol This is the dumbest looking movie I think I've ever seen. I saw some ^^^^ on tv just now where John Cusack is flying inbetween buildings. :rotfl

This movie looks stupid on so many levels. as a pilot the first thing i thought when watching the trailer was why the ^^^^ is the plane flying like 50 feet above the ground?

If youre getting into an airplane to escape catastrophe, you'd think you'd have enough sense to actually gain altitude instead of dodging crumbling buildings and exploding roads.

This movie is going to be the pivotal movie of humankind's existence. I almost feel bad for any movie releasing after this, because there will be nothing that could possibly compare with this prophetic tale.

If you have yet to be educated by the disaster auteur Roland Emmerich, here's his 8 rules for destroying the world:

https://io9.com/5398508/roland-emmerichs-8-rules-for-ending-the-world

Last edited:
Back